Happy Holidays to all of you and your's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Holidays to all of you and your's

Hello Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird Fans, I just wanted to take a moment and wish all of you and your's Happy Holidays. Please be safe in your travels. If you chose to celebrate with drinking, please dont drink and drive...

Al
    Extreme Memorabilia custom embroidery

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

From one Al to another, same to you my friend!

Al
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Here is a message from Scott Settlemire, aka Fbodfather:

Merry Christmas, Camaro Comrades, Firebird Friends, and Corvette Cousins.....

As we gather with friends and family, we celebrate this Holiday Season.....

Whether you are a believer or a non-believer, I'd like to share something with you that's appropriate for today.....

As Church Bells in our tiny town of Mars started to toll last evening announcing Christmas Eve Services, I looked into Mom Settlemire's back yard - at a bell that's been in our family for nearly a century.....it once sat atop a Baltimore and Ohio Steam Engine -- piloted by my Great Grandfather, Thomas G. Henry. The bell has been rung for many, many years by family members on Holidays such as Christmas - The 4th of July - and New Years. As I looked at it -- it brought back many very happy memories......and yet it left me wondering how we make sense of what's happening in our world these days. Volunteer Firemen gunned down in Webster, NY - and tiny children and teachers taken from us in Newtown.

....and I thought of the Christmas Song "I Heartd the Bells on Christmas Day"

We've all heard the song -- be it on a radio or walking thru a shopping mall -- or perhaps during a church service. The words were a poem written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow... -- and I wondered what inspired the author to write the words......

It seems that Mr. Longfellow was deeply disturbed to find that, during the American Civil War, his son joined the Union Army without his father's blessing. According to letters found years later, Charles Appleton Longfellow wrote to his father:

"I have tried hard to resist the temptation of going without your leave but I cannot any longer," he wrote. "I feel it to be my first duty to do what I can for my country and I would willingly lay down my life for it if it would be of any good".

Soon thereafter, he was critically injured in the Battle of New Hope Church. This news was received by Mr, Longfellow just as he'd buried his wife who had died in a fire. I can only imagine how bleak the world around him looked.....and yet he was inspired to write the poem "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day."

And so I ask the believer and the non-believer alike to read the words - and know that we live in a most amazing time. Yes, bad things happen - but we still enjoy amazing freedom - freedom won by millions - including a band of men who risked all on Christmas night 236 years ago --

Bleak as times may seem, there is always hope. We come together as family and as friends not only to celebrate the season, but to 'hope' and know that the future remains bright.

My wish to each of you is that you have a most Happy Holiday Season - a Merry Christmas - and may 2013 bring you all that is good.

God Bless us one and all..........

I heard the bells on Christmas Day
      Their old, familiar carols play,
      and mild and sweet
      The words repeat
      Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

And thought how, as the day had come,
      The belfries of all Christendom
      Had rolled along
      The unbroken song

And thought how, as the day had come,
      The belfries of all Christendom
      Had rolled along
      The unbroken son

Till ringing, singing on its way,
      The world revolved from night to day,
      A voice, a chime,
      A chant sublime

Then from each black, accursed mouth
      The cannon thundered in the South,
      And with the sound
      The carols drowned

It was as if an earthquake rent
      The hearth-stones of a continent,
      And made forlorn
      The households born

And in despair I bowed my head;
      "There is no peace on earth," I said;
      "For hate is strong,
      And mocks the son,
      Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
      "God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
      The Wrong shall fail,
      The Right prevail,
      With peace on earth, good-will to men."

Click here to view The Bell..........

Extreme Memorabilia custom embroidery

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

Comment

Working...
      X