The big goodbye.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big goodbye.

19 years ago, on March 1, 1994, I picked up my Z-28 from Bell Chevrolet in Plant City Florida. I had placed my order in September of 93 after a test drive on the Cortney Campbell Causeway at 3 times the speed limit, with my son Andrejs. We were both impressed that a $20k car would do that!

After 6 months of , Ralph Schoppe, my salesman called me, a prim and proper old guy, said for me to get my a$$ in to pick up the car right away! His dealership, out in the ag area of Tampa only sold GEO's, pickups, and an occasional 'burban, so I got a great deal on my Z-28. Well his boss was getting calls from dealers in Atlanta to Miami wanting this car and would pay him an extra $2k for it. So he was getting chewed on for selling it cheap.

The first scratch was installed by Andrejs after 3 days, he dropped his bicycle against the passenger door! A two hour memorable hi-speed drive from Laredo to Corpus Cristi Texas with only an occasional Border Patrol truck. A midnite phone call from the Kalamazoo Police, warning us about our daughter Larisa's boy friend driving up Westnedge Avenue at a high rate of speed...... only to find out that it was her driving so fast that they stopped to get a Slurppy, and walked out of the 7-Eleven to the cops pulling up (they didn't believe she was driving).

Well its been 19 years, and 326,758 miles, and today it was sold to a young guy from Valrico. I hope he has another 19 years of memories out of it! Click image for larger version

Name:	camaro-4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	255968
    The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Its sad to see them go, but it makes it easier that they also give us great memories

Al
    Extreme Memorabilia custom embroidery

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

Comment

Wow over 300k miles! Looks like I have plenty left with only 65k on mine :-). I don't drive it much anymore since my better half bought me a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 last year. Fun ride also.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Re: The big goodbye.

Wow. A lot of miles and a lot of fun memoriesn.

Comment

who said LT1s couldnt last? sucks to see it go but there will be more
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
          X