1st gen camaro question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st gen camaro question

theres been a 1st gen camaro sittin at house in a few towns over, i passed it every week on a trash route and from what i have been told its a all orginal 302 z28 with less then 30K on it. the story goes is that the guy who owned it was sent to fight in the veitnam war and never came back, his father(where the car is sitting) says hes for his son to come back. i havent personally talked to the guy but im gettin the bug to go over there and see if he will sell it. my question is, what are the codes i should look for to see if its a true 302 z28? thanks guys, even if its not, i still may pick it up but i can see it needing alot of work, as its been sitting(if the story is true) for 40 years, outside, and is sunk into the ground...
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Originally posted by Trash man
    theres been a 1st gen camaro sittin at house in a few towns over, i passed it every week on a trash route and from what i have been told its a all orginal 302 z28 with less then 30K on it. the story goes is that the guy who owned it was sent to fight in the veitnam war and never came back, his father(where the car is sitting) says hes for his son to come back. i havent personally talked to the guy but im gettin the bug to go over there and see if he will sell it. my question is, what are the codes i should look for to see if its a true 302 z28? thanks guys, even if its not, i still may pick it up but i can see it needing alot of work, as its been sitting(if the story is true) for 40 years, outside, and is sunk into the ground...
    Not sure what the codes are, but man, that sounds like it would be a great find and a potential gold mine if you could actually get it. But let's best realistic, IF that particular story is true, and the guys son did own the car, if he actually went to 'Nam and was killed unfortunately....I doubt you'll be taking the car home. It seems like a lot of people tend to keep something like that because its the last thing of any substantial value belonging to their loved one. If its been sitting there for 40 years going to shit, it'll probably continue to sit there, as I'm pretty positive that the story is VERY WELL KNOWN....and that there's been ALOT of money offered before to get it.
    LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Originally posted by LarryMow View Post
      Not sure what the codes are, but man, that sounds like it would be a great find and a potential gold mine if you could actually get it. But let's best realistic, IF that particular story is true, and the guys son did own the car, if he actually went to 'Nam and was killed unfortunately....I doubt you'll be taking the car home. It seems like a lot of people tend to keep something like that because its the last thing of any substantial value belonging to their loved one. If its been sitting there for 40 years going to shit, it'll probably continue to sit there, as I'm pretty positive that the story is VERY WELL KNOWN....and that there's been ALOT of money offered before to get it.
      well the story to be half true, its a real numbers matching car, protect-o-plate and build sheet, but he claims hes gearing up to restore it, the car is very rusty, its going to need a donor car to swap everything into it. i doubt he'll ever restore it tho. guess ill have to try again in a few months
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
      X