Chevrolet "Team Camaro" changes Announcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevrolet "Team Camaro" changes Announcement

Sharing this message from Scott Settlemire aka Fbodfather...

Good morning, Camaro Comrades, Firebird Friends, and Camaro Comrades!

As of April 1, (and no, this is not an April Fool's prank) -- we have some important Changes to “Team Camaro” and we wanted you to be the first to know about these changes:
    First up: Our Great Camaro Comrade, John Fitzpatrick - who has served as Marketing Manager for the Camaro, the Corvette, and the SS Performance Sedan will be leaving “Team Camaro” and moving over to Chevrolet Silverado as Senior Marketing Manager.

In John’s words:

“To everything there is a season” The words ring true all too often and as the seasons change, so do our responsibilities.

I’ve been blessed to have been a part of the 5th Generation Camaro since its inception and I must say that it’s been true to form both in automobile and in my profession: “A Great American Thrill-Ride.” I’ve worked with a great group of men and women to bring you the very best Muscle Car possible: One that offers head turning style and blistering performance all at a Chevrolet Price.

We’ve made some changes at Chevrolet recently; and while Al and Cheryl and the rest of the group remain the same, I will be moving over to the Silverado Brand. While I look forward to custodianship of the Most Dependable Longest Lasting truck in the industry, I also mourn that I will not be working directly with Camaro and Corvette at least for the foreseeable future.

I’d like to thank each of you for your passion that you continually show for this legendary brand and I thank you for the many friendships I’ve made over the past seven years.

Replacing me is Todd Christensen. Todd has been the Camaro/Corvette/SS Sedan Advertising Manager for the past several years; and prior to that he was on staff at the GM Performance Division and the Chevrolet Race Shop. Todd’s family has been in the Camaro restoration business for many years, so we’re fortunate that we have another Marketing Manager who truly understands what Camaro and Corvette are and what they mean to the world. I hope you’ll join me in welcoming Todd to his new position within the team.

Again, thank you for your great feedback, support and friendship over these last seven years. I may be moving on to trucks, but Camaro will also hold a special place in my heart.

Until we meet again…

Warm regards,

John

Scott writes:

I am truly going to miss working with John. I’ve known John since the late 1980s when we worked together in the Chevrolet Northeast Region located in New York. Our paths continued to cross and I was elated when John was given responsibility for the 5th gen Camaro. His steady focus on the long-term well-being of the Camaro brand has made this latest Camaro the best Camaro ever. I will always remain thankful to John for allowing so many of us to go ‘along for the ride.’

Now - let me tell you a bit more about my friend, Todd Christensen who will be replacing John as Marketing Manager for the Camaro, Corvette and SS Performance Sedan:

Todd grew up in a Chevy/Camaro enthusiast family.

Todd’s first car was a 69 Camaro that he built up with the assistance of his father. This passion for cars – and Camaros in particular – were the inspiration for wanting to work for GM. Todd joined Chevrolet straight out of college in the Customer Assistance Center. Shortly thereafter, he spent some time in Product Planning with both Chevrolet and Saturn Divisions. From there, he moved over to the Chevy Race Shop as Motorsports Marketing Manager for Corvette Racing. His past 3 years have been spent in Chevrolet Advertising working on Camaro and Corvette; overseeing Camaro and Corvette Brochures; supervising Website development, and of course, launching the ZL1, the Z/28, and the C7 alongside John Fitzpatrick. He currently owns a 67 big block convert and his daughter has a 2012 Camaro Convertible. It goes without saying: Passion for cars, Chevy and especially Camaro/corvette run deep with Todd and in the Christensen family. So, as you can see, while we mourn the loss of John, we also have someone stepping into the position that is immediately up-to-speed on Camaro. By the way -- his father is Larry Christensen whom many of you have known for many years – he’s an expert judge at many Camaro Events and is probably one of the most knowledgeable men when it comes to 1st and 2nd gen Camaros.

Please join me in welcoming Todd to his newest endeavor!

We will also say goodbye to a very special friend, Mr. Jack Pantaleo – who has served as Camaro Brand Quality Manager throughout the Camaro’s 5th generation lifecycle.

Jack has elected to retire after over 38 years of dedicated service effective May 1.

Jack began his career in 1975 as a UAW Skilled Trades Engineering Technician with Chevrolet Engineering. He then transferred to the Customer Sales Service Staff working in the Diagnostic and Repair Center on drivability issues and validation. He spent several years at Chevrolet Technical Assistance with positions in the Fuel and Drivability Team, serving as the Database Manager, and a Team Lead.

In 1994, Jack joined the Service Technology Group as a corporate Database Manager for Technical Assistance. In January of 2002, he joined the Brand Quality Team where he set-up the FPRD and FIND Database. Over his 12 years in Brand Quality, Jack was the Brand Quality Manager for the Malibu, Alero, Grand Am, Solstice, Sky, and most recently, the Camaro. Throughout his career Jack has solved countless issues and made a significant contribution to GM. Jack will be missed by the entire Brand Quality Team and Team Camaro – not to mention the thousands of Camaro Enthusiasts who have come to know and love him.

I’d also like to add that Jack has been a great friend who has worked 7 days a week over the lifecycle of the 5th gen Camaro to ensure that we capture any quality issues and work to solve them. I’m going to miss his candor and his photographic memory!

Replacing Jack will be Anne Briedis –

Once again, we’re blessed to be getting another Camaro Enthusiast on the team!

Ann started with GM in 1982 (she claims she was on the kindergarten-to-work program!).

She started out in Chevrolet Engineering and after 3 years, she moved to GM Powertrain where she spent 8 years on various powertrain component teams. From there, she moved to Pontiac Marketing in Central Office – and then moved to Pontiac Warranty and Field Support for 4 years. To further round out her experience and get more face to face customer focus experience, she became a District Service Manager in Greater Terre Haute and Indianapolis Metro Districts. From there, her expertise was put to great use in GM Technical Assistance where she aided Dealers and Product Teams. From there, she became a Technical Service Writer for 4 years and then an Electrical Service Engineer for another 3 years. Her most recent assignment has been on the Brand Quality Team where she oversaw Accessories. So, for our Firebird Friends, you have a Pontiac gal who understands the importance of Firebird. And for Camaro Comrades, you’ll be pleased to know that Ann’s first car was a Camaro Z28. As Ann said to me:

“…. I’m excited to be on the Camaro team!! I couldn’t have picked a better team and product to be a part of...I’ve always loved the Camaro product. My first new car was a Camaro Z28!”

So as we say ‘farewell’ to John and Jack – we say hello to two more ‘dyed in the wool’ Camaro Enthusiasts who will share Custodial Responsibility for that Great American (and Canadian!) Thrill Ride: The Chevrolet Camaro! As I love to remind you: “Team Camaro” is comprised of men and women who are Camaro/Firebird Enthusiasts FIRST – who have been fortunate to work in the cars they love.

It is indeed a great time to be a Camaro Enthusiast!

Your Camaro Comrade,

Scott (aka Fbodfather)
    Extreme Memorabilia custom embroidery

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.
Working...
X