Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: jackson soloist

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7349229360

I know its not f-body related, but im selling it so i can buy stuff for my firebird lol
    -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Originally posted by lt14mla

I know its not f-body related, but im selling it so i can buy stuff for my firebird lol
    I'll give you a bump

I play guitar...self taught now for 8 years...own 7 of 'em. I can say that this is an awesome guitar. I have played on it many times, and it has an overall great sound. It has some nice warm tones with the correct settings, but it's mainly a shredder. Artificial harmonics also sound great on this guitar.
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by lt14mla

That was my second choice to the Les Paul. But there was just no comparison. Still a nice axe though.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        That was my second choice to the Les Paul. But there was just no comparison. Still a nice axe though.
        Ah yes..the les paul...my absolute favorite. As a matter of fact, I love it so much...I own 2
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
          Ah yes..the les paul...my absolute favorite. As a matter of fact, I love it so much...I own 2
          You just can't be the sound of one. I have an Epiphone LP made out of alder that I put a 490R and a 498T on it with the push pull pots to switch between single coil or double coil like the Jimmy Page version. To be honest the push pull pot is not worth it because I never play it on single coil. I call it a Les Paul light, same great sound but half the weight.

I play through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40 watt tube amp that sounds just amazing with the Les Paul. I swear it's as loud as a 100 watt Marshal stack. It has clean, drive, and over drive channels. I don't use any effects. It doesn't need any. If you've never played through one you should go try a Hot Rod. http://www.fender.com/products/searc...&subcat=hotrod
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

I play through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40 watt tube amp that sounds just amazing with the Les Paul. I swear it's as loud as a 100 watt Marshal stack. It has clean, drive, and over drive channels. I don't use any effects. It doesn't need any. If you've never played through one you should go try a Hot Rod. http://www.fender.com/products/searc...&subcat=hotrod
            I've never played through that amp actually...I'll definitely have to check that out. Other than my practice amps, I currently play through 2 amps regularly.

I have a fully rebuilt 1960's peavey tube amp (used to be my dad's years ago)...man is it a beautiful sound. For that warm, clean tone...you absolutely cannot beat the sound of a tube amp.

When I play shows, I use this amp here . A marshall AVT150H half stack. A good friend of mine has this amp here, a fender '65 twin reverb amp. Absolutely beautiful sound. I was considering this for my next amp (whenever I get the money to due so ), but I'll definitely check out that hot rod deluxe

As for guitars....I'm sure I don't even need to tell you why I love Les Pauls The sound is absolutely amazing.

I own this gibson...les paul deluxe. Gold with the white trim.

My other les paul is actually a knock off, but I had a lot of work done to it. I saw it at a bazaar type thing we have here at the chicago speedway anually here in cicero. I loved how it looked, and I talked the guy down to $375. It's a Jay Turser. You can look here to kinda get an idea what it looks like. They don't have a picture of the actual guitar I have, but I can give you an idea. It's basically the JT-200 Serpent on that page, except the body style is like the one right above it. The only difference is that if you look closely, where the body meets the neck, it curves down as if to follow the lines with the cutaway. I don't like that, and mine isn't like that. It's the classic les paul look where the body is pretty much almost perpendicular with the neck. It does have that serpent in the inlay, and it's holographic, as well as the jay turser logo on the head. It's pretty cool how it changes colors in the light when I move around while playing. The paint job is similar to the guitar on the top of the page, the JT-200C...except instead of solid purple fading in to black, it's like a purple sunburst. Lighter purple in the center, leading to darker purple/blackish on the outside...with the same type of grain look that a classic sunburst paint job has. The trim is a pearl/purple/pearl (3 small lines). It's definitely the paint job, serpent, and head which makes it a sharp looking guitar...especially when polished regularly. I also use lemoil on the neck which keeps it from warping as well as keep that new look...never dull. The pickups didn't do much for me, so I replaced them with some Zakk Wylde style EMG 83 (bridge) 85 (neck) combo. The 83/85's are an awesome rock and roll/metal pickup. 83 for the clean, 85 for the distorted.

Man, if I start talking about guitars, it seems like I can never stop.

I've never mentioned it before, but since day one on these boards, I always noticed your sig pic.....I like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
              I've never played through that amp actually...I'll definitely have to check that out. Other than my practice amps, I currently play through 2 amps regularly.

I have a fully rebuilt 1960's peavey tube amp (used to be my dad's years ago)...man is it a beautiful sound. For that warm, clean tone...you absolutely cannot beat the sound of a tube amp.

When I play shows, I use this amp here . A marshall AVT150H half stack. A good friend of mine has this amp here, a fender '65 twin reverb amp. Absolutely beautiful sound. I was considering this for my next amp (whenever I get the money to due so ), but I'll definitely check out that hot rod deluxe

As for guitars....I'm sure I don't even need to tell you why I love Les Pauls The sound is absolutely amazing.

I own this gibson...les paul deluxe. Gold with the white trim.

My other les paul is actually a knock off, but I had a lot of work done to it. I saw it at a bazaar type thing we have here at the chicago speedway anually here in cicero. I loved how it looked, and I talked the guy down to $375. It's a Jay Turser. You can look here to kinda get an idea what it looks like. They don't have a picture of the actual guitar I have, but I can give you an idea. It's basically the JT-200 Serpent on that page, except the body style is like the one right above it. The only difference is that if you look closely, where the body meets the neck, it curves down as if to follow the lines with the cutaway. I don't like that, and mine isn't like that. It's the classic les paul look where the body is pretty much almost perpendicular with the neck. It does have that serpent in the inlay, and it's holographic, as well as the jay turser logo on the head. It's pretty cool how it changes colors in the light when I move around while playing. The paint job is similar to the guitar on the top of the page, the JT-200C...except instead of solid purple fading in to black, it's like a purple sunburst. Lighter purple in the center, leading to darker purple/blackish on the outside...with the same type of grain look that a classic sunburst paint job has. The trim is a pearl/purple/pearl (3 small lines). It's definitely the paint job, serpent, and head which makes it a sharp looking guitar...especially when polished regularly. I also use lemoil on the neck which keeps it from warping as well as keep that new look...never dull. The pickups didn't do much for me, so I replaced them with some Zakk Wylde style EMG 83 (bridge) 85 (neck) combo. The 83/85's are an awesome rock and roll/metal pickup. 83 for the clean, 85 for the distorted.

Man, if I start talking about guitars, it seems like I can never stop.

I've never mentioned it before, but since day one on these boards, I always noticed your sig pic.....I like it a lot.
              Yea me too. I only wish I could play it worth a crap.

You are the first person to comment about my signature. Thanks. It's really me.

Have we successfully hijacked this "for sale" thread? Sorry about that.

I love the way a lot of the new young bands are playing Les Pauls and guitars with dual humbuckers. I can listen to my daughters music unlike my parents.

Speaking of a good sounding guitar. Have you listened to Candlebox? He plays a Les Paul and I think he uses a Peavey amp for recording. That is my favorite sound for a guitar. Especially track 8 on Candlebox "Rain". They also know how to mix the audio on their CD's. They have a nice crisp kick drum. I hate it when you can't feel the kick drum. I used to run sound for some friends of mine.

FYI here are some friends of mine.
              http://www.loopsaurus.com/tealeaves/bio.asp
              http://www.flashfloodmusic.com/home/about.html

Comment

Yea me too. I only wish I could play it worth a crap.

You are the first person to comment about my signature. Thanks. It's really me.

Have we successfully hijacked this "for sale" thread? Sorry about that.

I love the way a lot of the new young bands are playing Les Pauls and guitars with dual humbuckers. I can listen to my daughters music unlike my parents.

Speaking of a good sounding guitar. Have you listened to Candlebox? He plays a Les Paul and I think he uses a Peavey amp for recording. That is my favorite sound for a guitar. Especially track 8 on Candlebox "Rain". They also know how to mix the audio on their CD's. They have a nice crisp kick drum. I hate it when you can't feel the kick drum. I used to run sound for some friends of mine.

FYI here are some friends of mine.
                http://www.loopsaurus.com/tealeaves/bio.asp
                http://www.flashfloodmusic.com/home/about.html
                Yes..it is official...this thread is hijacked It's okay though, this way his thread remains at the top for all to see

I checked out both the tea leaves and flash flood...jammin guitar on both parts. I especially liked that opening guitar to Mrs. Parker by the tea leaves. I also liked the fact that the use of the all mighty guitar solo is there...something you don't see from some newer music sadly.

Yes, I do know candlebox. I remember listening to their first singles "you" and "far behind" back in the early/mid 90's when I was a kid...they have a good sound to them. I agree with you on the kick drum. It's something that cannot be overdone, or prodominate over the rest of the sound, but should be noticable. One of the things I particularly love about the T/A is I prefer a stock look, but still get the use of equalizers. It's nice to hear a crisp kick drum for some songs.

As for getting better, I can give you some tips actually. In my short time of playing guitar, I have managed to teach 5 people how to play.

If you want to get better, I can't stress the importance of scales scales scales. All scales aren't boring too...alot in fact are pretty hard and awesome sounding.

Blues scales are always good. It's always important to keep perfect timing before speed. Once you are in rythem, then concentrate on speed. The use of a metronome helps immensely with this.

Another good route are classical scales. You'll notice that once you start doing classical, alot of other things seem a bit easier. I currently am trying to get Paganini's 24th and his 5th caprice down. If you ever saw the movie crossroads (not the britney spears movie), but the one with the karate kid, paganini's 24th caprice is what he plays in the end to beat stevie vai in the end guitar battle. Classical gas is also a good practice song.

Arpeggios will really stretch your fingers out. You'll notice that once you start doing arpeggios, your fingers will start to fly afterwards. Message in a bottle, and every breath you take are good practice songs to try and stretch those fingers out in preparation for arpeggios.

If you really want to take your guitar playing to another lever, try some advanced (or even moderate) jazz. Jazz is something that's just way out there, I never knew how complicated that stuff was to play.

As far as bands go, I find that for speed, different guitar techniques (artificial harmonics, quick palm muting, triplets, tremolo picking, crazy bends, hammer ons & pull offs etc...), and soloing...metallica was a good way for me to practice. The very opening for Call of the Ktulu is also a good way to start out your finger picking if you haven't tried to play without a pick.

If you want to learn how to make smooth transitions, and just sound smooth altogether...try some clapton.

Another really good song though for practicing is a song called "Dee" by Randy Rhoads. He was the original guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne's solo career, and it's a 48 second or so classical piece off of the album Blizzard of Ozz. It's an absolutely beautiful piece that will greatly help with finger picking, timing, and overall technique.

A good tip that took me a long time to aquire also, is to keep that thumb behind the neck at all times. Don't let it creep up over the neck. It may seem easier to do this, but if you kick that habit, you'd be surprised how much it helps the further you get along in guitar. Also, if you don't use it that much, try and incorporate that pinky as much as possible. I notice most people don't use their pinkies for something as simple as a power chord. The way I look at it is you only have 4 fingers to work with...might as well make the most out of every single one of them.

Comment

Yea this guitar is sweet for shredding, thats why I bought it arpeggios and soloing are so easy. The neck is like butter. I run it through a Marshall DSL100 Half stack with various processors and pedals. Nothing better, for shred metal and playing fast.
                  -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

Working...
                  X