Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• up grade my 96 trans am to 98

heloo
    I want any one to help me to up grade my 96 trans am to 98 what suld I do and if any one know any site can i used . thanks

note: Iam from saudi arabi

Well... firstly this should be in the other forum since this is supposed to be for things people are selling or want to buy but...

assuming you mean you want it to look like the newer model you just need to get the proper nose, hood, and tail lights I think. Nose and hood have obvious attach points and the tail lights can be removed from inside the car by pulling back the interior near where the trunk latches.

If you mean you want the LS1 engine instead of the LT1 engine then it gets way mor comples and you are looking at a new engine...new computer...possibly new transmission etc.

I don't know of any sites which deal with this specifically but the body change is easy and the mechanical engine swap would probably be time consuming and difficult if you dont have the tools and expertise. Good luck

Comment

i have the following items if you plan to plant a ls1 or ls6; new pcm computer,new throttle body, k member,air intake box. also you will a 4l60e transmission and possibly some digital adjustments to your speedometer or tachometer. spordee1

Comment

He just wants the look... not the mechanicals...and he is also a long distance away. Dont think he would want to ship all that stuff. But like I said he wants the look as he mentions in another post.

Comment

Thank you all
          but iI want a site to by thes things (bumber,hood,lights)and another qwistion if my trans am has ram air and throttle body what is the better short hedars or long .
          thats all.

Comment

well...you could check www.gmpartsdirect.com for the parts but they wont be cheap and to be honest I don't know if they would ship internationally.

As for headers....everything I have read says that shorty headers are pretty much a waste and very near in performance to the stock exhaust manifolds. If you want headers I would suggest the long tube variety. If someone here has dyno numbers or proof otherwise post it up. I am only quoting what I have read in publications like High Performance Pontiac

Comment

Working...
            X