3rd Gen 1LE Parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen 1LE Parts

I have access to a 3rd Gen Formula with what appears to be 1LE parts: 36mm hollow front sway, etc. If the spindles are 1LE, should I pull them to sell to 3rd genners?

what year forumy? also does it say 1LE on the id tag?
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
      what year forumy? also does it say 1LE on the id tag?
      It's an '89. Do you mean the id tag on the driver's door?

Comment

it should be on the consol lid or in the lil storage area in the back

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
          it should be on the consol lid or in the lil storage area in the back
          Pulled the hollow front sway to sell to 3rd gen folks. Looked in those areas for ID, nothing there. Got the following part # off the springs: Front: 10018091 Rear: 14029397

Is there any way to ID 1LE spindles via appearance or part # ? I am willing to pull these and sell them to 3rd gen people to fund my 4th gen mods.

Comment

1le spindels

1LE front brakes were only available in 90-92 (distinctively different in that the front calipers would be aluminum and look similar to the rear calipers). 1LE rear brakes were available in 1989, and if that was a formula 350, there is a good chance it has a borg warner rear end with (3.27 gears) if an automatic car, which it would have to be if it had a 350. In regards to a 91-92, if you do a quick search of 1LE front brakes on google you will find what the exact diameter of the 1LE rotors were (can't remeber of the top of my head, something like 11.75 or something like that). Also, if the formula has rear drum or a 305, most likely the front spindles are not 1LE.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Gen 3 Fbody Fan
              1LE front brakes were only available in 90-92 (distinctively different in that the front calipers would be aluminum and look similar to the rear calipers). 1LE rear brakes were available in 1989, and if that was a formula 350, there is a good chance it has a borg warner rear end with (3.27 gears) if an automatic car, which it would have to be if it had a 350. In regards to a 91-92, if you do a quick search of 1LE front brakes on google you will find what the exact diameter of the 1LE rotors were (can't remeber of the top of my head, something like 11.75 or something like that). Also, if the formula has rear drum or a 305, most likely the front spindles are not 1LE.

Hope this helps
              Very helpful, thanks. It has discs in rear and the front discs do look kinda small. Automatic car. Are the 1LE rear calipers also aluminum?

Comment

delet pulley and ac delet firewall box

are you selling the ac delet pulley, and the ac delete firewall with the heater blower? contact me at jcsereiko@COMCAST.NET I AM REALLY INTERESTED

Comment

yes rear 1le calipers were aluminum appeared on the 89-92 third gens, if equipped with rear discs.

Comment

definately pull the 1LE spindles if that is what they are, and the Calipers. I would be interested in those.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                    6.2L/382.97 ci
                    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                    WCT-5 speed
                    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                    Boss MS 18" Rims
                    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                    Custom Dual exhaust
                    1LE upgrade
                    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

ill call second dibs on the a/c delete heater box. pics and a price shipped to 06776, its a buisness address if that helps

Comment

Unless someone added the 1LE front brakes on this car it does not have them, it is an 89, so guys asking and calling dibs on the spindles, you are looking for a 90-92 front disc car with the 1LE package.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen 3 Fbody Fan
                          Unless someone added the 1LE front brakes on this car it does not have them, it is an 89, so guys asking and calling dibs on the spindles, you are looking for a 90-92 front disc car with the 1LE package.
                          Yep and no a/c delete on this car. To date I only have the 36mm hollow sway bar if anyone wants it. Email me at stevebmwcca@yahoo.com

Comment

How about the smog delete pulley? Also known as the air pump delete pulley?
                            No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
                            X