Need ASAP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ASAP

Everyone I need a part asap. Its the tranny support for a 98-02 manual car if an auto will work I'd love to know. I'm willing to pay for it plus shipping I just need it soon so if anyone has one they have laying around it would be great. My tranny went earlier this ear from an accident and it seems that the mechanics didn't put the support in tight enough and it fell off the car is alright so far just the car's tranny hops up bad in first, second, and third but is stable in fourth and fifth. If anyone has one let me know please my email is patriot7319@hotmail.com

Are you talking about the bushing or the cross-member?

If its the bushing, its the same bushing for all 4th Gen cars, regardless of tranny. Here's a good poly replacement from ES on Summit Racing.

If its the cross-member you need, there are some options. You could go with a new cross-member from BMR that moves the torque-arm mount from the tranny to the cross-member (which I'm looking at for my Z). Or, if you want an OEM unit, you can try Young's F-body, TA Creations and GM Sports Salvage.

Hope this helps.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

No its not the 1st one. It actually runs back down near the drive shaft and is a bracket that has two bolt holes and hold the drive shaft in place. Sorry about the confusion there its the drive shaft support I need then?

Comment

Wait, what? Are you talking about the torque-arm mount? There isn't a bracket that holds the driveshaft in place, it slips into the rear of the tranny and bolts to the yoke of the rear end via the U-joint. If you're referring to the bar that runs parallel from the rear end near the driveshaft to the rear of the tranny, that is the torque arm. If you need that, there's plenty of aftermarket options. If you need the bushing that goes on the front of the arm near the rear of the tranny, then that would be the torque arm bushing. Hope this helps.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

do you have a two piece driveshaft? and could is possibly be the bushing thing that mounts to the tunnel brace?
          94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
          94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
          75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
          1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
          GOT PSi?
          Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

Possibly it is a two piece. It is in the middle of the car and is shaped like a bracket to me but it could be a bushing it basicly keeps the drive shaft from wiggling the transmission when under heavy load.

Comment

yea is your car a v6?? regardless i have exactly what you need i believe sitting at my house right now cause i did the V6 to LT1 swap and switched everything!! so if you are close enough you can just come pick it up for a few bucks its in 21901 right now or next weekend if va is closer im in 22315. let me know or if you can take a pic of it then that would be easier.
              94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
              94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
              75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
              1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
              GOT PSi?
              Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

Working...
              X