3 series carrier and 3.42 gears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 series carrier and 3.42 gears

I bought these from SLP years ago as take offs and never installed them on my Formula. Now that the car is gone, I don't have any use for them. Email me for pictures and I'm asking $100 + shipping. I paid $225 orginally.

These should only have 4 or 5 miles on them.

Let me know if your interested. Thanks
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

That is a hell of a deal.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

When you say carrier, you mean the center piece, that the axles go thru? With a 3.42 ring gear attached? I assume that it is a Torsen posi unit, too- does it have the axle bearings? Last question- 3-channel or 4-channel ABS?- the 3-channel has a reluctor ring around the outer circumfrence- not sure if the 3-channel included that un-needed part, since they took the individual wheel speeds off each hub-

If you have the posi unit, anybody with an S-series chevy truck would scoop that up, too- sounds like a bargain-
      2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
      "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
        When you say carrier, you mean the center piece, that the axles go thru? With a 3.42 ring gear attached? I assume that it is a Torsen posi unit, too- does it have the axle bearings? Last question- 3-channel or 4-channel ABS?- the 3-channel has a reluctor ring around the outer circumfrence- not sure if the 3-channel included that un-needed part, since they took the individual wheel speeds off each hub-

If you have the posi unit, anybody with an S-series chevy truck would scoop that up, too- sounds like a bargain-
        Exactly. I would have but I already put a posi carrier and 3.73s in my S10.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Yes, it's the center section. It doesn't have a reluctor ring with it and it has the carrier bearings, but no axle bearings.
          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Working...
          X