FS" Parting out 98 Firebird, complete, V-6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS" Parting out 98 Firebird, complete, V-6

I have a black 98 firebird with 87,000 miles that I am parting out. I actually would prefer that somebody come to pick up the whole lot because I just don't have time to disassemble and ship out parts.

It was a GM experiment vehicle that I bought out back in 2001 when the trials were done with it. Everything is clean inside (it has standard cloth seats, no power windows, no power seats etc). Has a old non-monsoon CD player. Car has T-tops and they are in perfect shape.

The engine starts and runs great, does not burn oil and does not leak any fluids. I just replaced the positive and negative battery cables as they were full of corrosion from having the vehicle sit for 7 years. It is a 3800 series II V-6 with 5-speed manual. The rear end is a non-posi traction but does have disc brakes not drums. Tires are brand new kumho 275/40/17 I believe. They were purchased to be able to move the car.

The body is near flawless. Just run on the track so it has some stone chips behind the wheel wells but no rust as it never saw snow or salt. No dents, dings or broken panels. Color is black with grey cloth interior. Paint looks nice and shiny.

The vehicle was a suspension test vehicle and was run hard over various speed bumps and slalom courses. THE SUSPENSION is SHOT, ball joints, springs, shocks, struts, most link bushings and maybe even wheel bearings are bad.

The car is rebuildable and would run great given all the suspension work is done. However it might just be easier to part it out for needy F-body members.

The car is in storage and I can take pictures if requested. It will take me about a week to get them.

$2700 takes it all. Buyer must pick up or pay me to deliver (trailer + gas + mileage fees). Car is located in Port Huron michigan.

Man if you were closer I would be going to the bank right now. Maybe for a little less $$. Suspension is not cheap.

If your interested in taking it a part im willing to get a couple trim pieces from the interior? If its Black that is.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I'll see how much interest I get in selling it all outright since I just posted yesterday. If after a few weeks nothing happens then I'll consider parting it out myself.

I see you are in Ca. That would be a long drive and expensive given the gas prices.

Comment

I've sent you a PM.

Comment

Reply sent

Comment

What is the top of the dash look like an is it gray.
            An what would you want for it. Oh I almost for got is it the same as the one on a 94.
            Blazer

Comment

Is this car still going to be parted out or?
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I am a few weeks to see what interest there is in buying the whole lot. I have one interested person so far and need to get him pics.

Comment

BTT Still for sale

Comment

are you parting out if so i need the four headlight brackets

Comment

Originally posted by Z06JPB
                      I am a few weeks to see what interest there is in buying the whole lot. I have one interested person so far and need to get him pics.

Just a reminder.........

Comment

Ah yes I have not forgot. I am supposed to go up there this weekend for labor day and I can get the pics then.

Comment

Got a 10 year old car that can use some interior swapping...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Is everything there that would be needed for a manual swap? I'd LOVE to put a 5-speed in my '99, but I don't have time to piece it together. Finding it all in one place would be awesome.

Comment

The car is complete but I have not yet had the chance to take any pictures. Since the car is in storage 80 miles away it has been difficult to get there.

Stay tuned. Sorry for the pic delay.

Comment

Working...
                              X