Anybody need a transmission?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody need a transmission?

I have a 4L60E automatic transmission in serious need of a rebuild that is just taking up space in my garage at this point.

If someone needs a core or something, I would be willing to give it up for free, just cover shipping costs, or pick it up some where near me like Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg Illinois. The cheapest shipping rate I have been quoted is around $200.

I'm done trying to sell this thing on ebay, so if nobody wants it, does anyone have a suggestion on what to do with it? I don't want to throw it out, but I guess I will if I have to. I just don't know how to throw out a 160+ lb transmission.

bring it to a bone yard, they might give you a few bucks because of the metal
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Check a few local junkyards and see if they will take it. I did that with my LT1 brake parts when I did the LS1 brake swap. They weren't interested in paying anything for them but were willing to take them as a donation.
      My DD
      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

I wish you lived closer. I'd be all over it.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Find you best local transmission shop and ask them if they buy good cores. You'll get something for it.

Comment

Working...
          X