52 mm Throttle Bodies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 mm Throttle Bodies

Anyone needing or wanting one soon? We will be having some done here soon.. We have started a list.. Just checking since its after christmas and tax refund time..
    ~Heather~
    1988 Camaro LT1 Carb used to be v6
    So many mods not sure where to start now!
    "I'm the kinda chick who drives the car not sits on it!"
    2004 Chevy Cavalier (Family Fun)

Re: 52 mm Throttle Bodies

Originally posted by FastKitteN
    Anyone needing or wanting one soon? We will be having some done here soon.. We have started a list.. Just checking since its after christmas and tax refund time..
    i take it your are doing them yourself? how about some pics. some credentials......to show thier quality and some info on what you do? the stock tb?.....a whole new one?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Sure thing.. Business consists of my husband and I. My husband is known as Nomad or Shannon on a lot of fbody boards. Our throttle bodies are well known on Camaroz28.com.

You can see a pic of one on www.halbertperformance.com

These are 48 mm stock throttle bodies machined to 52 mm.

Here's a few happy customers http://nkyfba.homeip.net/modules.php...owcontent&id=4

NOMAD's 52mm throttle bodies are downright decent. I've got one that I bought off another board member... great quality!
      Pete--
      '96 Z28 --

Calling NOMAD .. are you out there? I need a TB
      I'm in need of a 52mm TB. I was hoping to get one from NOMAD if he's still builting them. I have two 48MMs and cash to trade. Let me know if your out there. Thanks
      I just remebered that people praised your work and I figured since I was in the market for one I would rather buy one from some one on the board.
      DiabloZ

Those are just two people from Camaroz28.com
      We have emails of customers. And we also have a list too now.. Sometimes these things sell like hot cakes and sometimes it seems hard to sell..
      ~Heather~

Comment

Did you ever sell these on ebay?

Comment

We used too and we do them from time to time when were having a hard time reaching out to the boards.. The ones done a while back on ebays have the gold thinner blades. Through flowed a lot more then the standard blades.. I wish we could still get those blades... Only thing the blades could not stand was a nitrous back fire. But really we were going to ship the person blades to fix and he fixed it without them.. Good person that was..
          ~Heather~

Comment

Anyone? Will have a few left out of this bunch.. let me know
            ~Heather~

Comment

intrested but a couple more ?'s

hey im very intrested in getting a throttle body for my car i have a 1994 formula its basiclly stock except the exhaust,chip, and 373 gears but i still want more i really am looking for a throttle body but i wanted a 58 mm but 52 isnt going to be much different. does it come with a plenum or does it just bolt on my stock one? Will it fit my car or is it just for the 98 and up? how much do you want for one? If all of these work out could i get it in 2 weeks from today?

please get back to me asap im really intrested in getting one thanks

Comment

This just bolts right up to the stock. You actually use your old sensors off your old throttle body too. These fit 94-97 f-bodies. They are 150.00 plus shipping or if you dont need the one on your car we can machine that one. Or if you need it then we can do the 52 for you and after you put the 52 on the car and make sure its going to work good then you send us the stock one off the car and the price is 130.00 and we cover the shipping on our side. I wouldnt say you would have it within two weeks of today. Depending on if you send money order or we do paypal then there's shipping which is Airborne Ground with a tracking number. I dunno.. think about it and let me know. I only need a few money people. Already have people sending in throttle bodies and paying right now. If everything but timing sounds good let me know. And I'll total everything up and let you know when I could have it to you. '
                thanks
                ~Heather~

Comment

Can you do a mono blade for 89-92 tpi? Doesn't have to be bigger than 48mm, but just hog out the material between the two bores and make a new blade that's wider. If you only have a 52mm cutter then a 52mm mono would work also.
                  Kevin Thornton

91 Z28 Black, 6" cowl hood, 468 ci,
                  850? Holley, MSD 6AL, TH 350,
                  1989 Trans-Am, Ram-Air hood, 5.7
                  TPI, 700r4, 3.27 9 bolt, K&N, No
                  screens on MAF, Cat delete,
                  Flowmaster cat-back, 245x60 15
                  frt, 295x50 15 r
                  15.109@91 1/4

Comment

How much outright, no core?

Comment

I have a 97' TA..exhaust,headers,pullys,maf ported,3:73 and a few snap ons..What kinda of HP change will i see with this new throttle body and is it worth putting it on? thanks

Comment

We have tried to do a mono blade but things never really worked out with that.. Were actually getting ready to start and try LS1 throttle bodies. They seem really expensive from major companies cant be too hard to figure out.. Without a core before purchase or after you recieve the 52mm its 150.00 plus 10.00 shipping. I'll have to ask my husband on how much hp these things can really give you.. I'll post tonight and let you know..
                        ~Heather~

Comment

Originally posted by aftermarketx
                          I have a 97' TA..exhaust,headers,pullys,maf ported,3:73 and a few snap ons..What kinda of HP change will i see with this new throttle body and is it worth putting it on? thanks
                          Halbert Performance Ported TB

Shannon Halbert, owner of Halbert Performance, offered to let me test one of his ported TB's. As I had put this mod on my "to do" list I was thrilled with the chance to try this out. He swapped one on at our local hangout joint last fall and I was hooked! So, while I tested the one on my car he did my TB. I have a Hypertech airfoil and upon getting my TB back to me Shannon remarked at how well the Hypertech blended and ported with my TB. The TB I was testing did NOT have an airfoil. Once Shannon reinstalled my TB the difference with an airfoil was quite noticeable! Although my gas mileage has suffered a bit if I keep my foot out of it I have only seen a 10% drop in gas mileage. I do not have the gold TB blades in my TB but Shannon felt Iwould not need them for my moderate power mods both present and planned. In the end I can highly recommend Mr. Halbert's work. He was professional in his explanations and install work. I can recommend his TB to any LT1/L98 owner! Thanks again, Shannon!

Added: March 2nd 2003
                          Reviewer: TA1996
                          Score:
                          Related Link: http://www.halbertperformance.com
                          Hits: 92

Sorry but we have not dynoed these yet so I can't tell you actually how much..
                          ~Heather~

Comment

FastKitteN,

You say these bolt to the stock intake? OK, but the stock intake is only 48mm. So without porting the intake to mate with the larger TB opening, how is this going to flow more air?

I mean, the TB may flow more air sitting on a bench, but on a stock intake without porting, I don't see the point. The opening is still only 48mm. Can you explain? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MyZb383
                              FastKitteN,

You say these bolt to the stock intake? OK, but the stock intake is only 48mm. So without porting the intake to mate with the larger TB opening, how is this going to flow more air?

I mean, the TB may flow more air sitting on a bench, but on a stock intake without porting, I don't see the point. The opening is still only 48mm. Can you explain? Thanks.
                              Oh btw stock intakes are 52mm..

Anyone else interested? Since have a few not claimed for yet.. Got several paid and ready.. thanks
                              ~Heather~

Comment

Working...
                              X