Looking for a couple parts for my 94 Formula

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a couple parts for my 94 Formula

Hey guys im looking for a couple of parts for my 94 Formula.
    any of these parts can be used it doesnt really matter to me as long as they can be used on my car and working

- Cold Air Intake with elbow <Not Ram Air>

- 3:73 Gears

- shift kit < havent found a real good one yet any suggestions>

- also im thinking about putting some extioer mod on my car that makes it stand out from the rest. what is your guys thoughts on that. i really do not want to put a body kit on this car it looks too nice the way it is. so any vinyle thing i should consider?

- any good tires you guys recommend?

those are the things im looking for at the moment if any one has these for sale i would be very intrested.

get a trans go shift kit .. thats what im getting and i have heard lots of good things about it.
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

Comment

ya i am probally going to get the shift kit first b\c of price then go with the gear the intake last but hey i just want too know if any has these for sale.

Comment

I will have a whole rear end coming out of my bird at the end of the month. It has Richmond 3:73's and a Lingenfelter rear girdle. It has a bit of a whine and it has been the same for 2 yrs. People have told me that the Richmonds are just noisy gears. I did not set the rear end up, so it could be a backlash issue too. Like I said, I bought the car with the whine and drove it for the last 2+ yrs without it getting ANY worse, so I am enclined to believe they are just a little noisy.

Anyways, I want to sell the whole axle assembly together. Diff, axles, gears, cover etc... This way, you wouldnt have to (or pay anyone to) set up the gears. Just bolt in the housing. If your interested, I will sell it to you for the cost of the gears and the girdle. I can crate it for shipping too.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

very intresting but the whine kinda scares me because if something is stripped and i give you lets say $120 for it and it doesnt work then im SOL so it kinda scary in that situation otherwise i would deffentally wait till the end of the month for that deal. if there is any way you can prove that there is nothing wrong other than its been like that for a while so it will be ok now. thats just taking a big risk so i've gotta pass unless you can draw up some deal or something.

Comment

I paid 125 for just a used bare housing from Biily Grahams! Just the cover alone cost more than 120. The Richmond gears from Summit cost over 190. Not to mention, your getting everything else too, all assembled, so you would have your current rear as a back up.

If you bought the 3:73's it would cost about 200 for the gears, 90 for the set up kit, 300 or so for the labor to install.

If your not comfortable with differentials, I can go through the rear for you, pull it apart, check the backlash and the bearings, but I am going to need to get quite a bit more for the rear end than 120. Even if the rear turns out to be perfect, I would be nuts to guarantee a 7.5" 10 bolt in an F-body.
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

i personally dont need everything just the gear it self thats all everything else on there is basically new. so if i would ask for the gear how much would you want.

Comment

I really dont want to sell just the gears. I would rather put the whole set up on ebay. I have to get some $$ back out of this to help pay for the 12 bolt rear I am putting in. Sorry. If I can help you out any other way, let me know.

Comment

well where did you get the gears? any site you would reccomend or any part that you think i should get i want a 3:73,shift kit, Cold Air intake <then upgrade too a ram-air> but is there any other things i should consider of getting.

Comment

Well, the Richmonds were strong, but noisy. They took some abuse - low 12's @ 119mph. They didnt break. If you can live with noisy, go with the Richmonds. Right now, I am putting a set of Yukon gears (randys ring and pinion) in my 12 bolt. My fathers shop uses these for performance applications and never has a problem. You can also look into motive gears. I have heard good things about them - strong and quiet.

Comment

Well, the Richmonds were strong, but noisy. They took some abuse - low 12's @ 119mph. They didnt break. If you can live with noisy, go with the Richmonds. Right now, I am putting a set of Yukon gears (randys ring and pinion) in my 12 bolt. My fathers shop uses these for performance applications and never has a problem. You can also look into motive gears. I have heard good things about them - strong and quiet.

what do mean noisy? are the sqeaking or what. well else do you have your car too run low 12's . also how much are a Yukon gears. also i have never head of motive gears what or where do you get those and how much do those run you.

Comment

Noisy meaning theres little whine or howl that comes from the rear. Some manufacturers change the composition of the metal in the gears for added strength. Sometimes the trade off is a noisy gear.

Most performance gears are going to be in the same ballpark - around 200 bucks. Im not sure where to go for the motive gears.

If you wanna run 12's, you can do it with some bolt on parts. Intake, Exhaust, pulleys, reprogramming, gears, convertor, etc. Low 12's is another story - nitrous, supercharge, turbo etc?? My car will be mid 11's with the slicks. Check out my mods for that.

Comment

would you think a shift kit would help me get up to the 12's any faster? also since im looking at a gear and a shift kit should there be any other mods i should consider in getting instead. i really want to get in the 12 second area doesnt matter if it is 12.9 even but i want to get there. should i get some other mod instead of the gear or shift kit? if so what do you reccomend.

Comment

The faster the shifts, the better right? That will lower your ET's for sure.

As far as other mods - whats your budget???

Comment

Originally posted by kwild
                              i personally dont need everything just the gear it self thats all everything else on there is basically new. so if i would ask for the gear how much would you want.
                              Personally, I think you are taking the wrong road. Buying a complete plug and play differential is going to be more cost effective and much easier than simply trying to swap gears.

When you buy the whole unit, you can put it in yourself. If you want to change it back you can. If you want to sell the stock rear to offset the cost, you can. It's really the ideal way, but if you want to do it the harder way, go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X