Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 2 98-02 TransAm Honeycomb Taillights

Anyone have a set they would sell?

I tried getting those on Ebay but sometimes they get bid up to ridiculous prices. I gave up and oredered tail light blackouts.

Good luck.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Yeah, for some reason I am seeing less and less of them on ebay!

Comment

Yea same here, ever since my black outs got stolen, Ive been looking for those taillights on ebay and there are practically . And I dont want to spend like 300 bucks on new ones, i have been things to spend 300 on than lights.
        1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Have you considered painting the existing tail lights with some night shade and then use a clear coat on top?
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Black97 please explain more, I want to tint my tailights but cant think of how. Is it legal?
            1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
              Have you considered painting the existing tail lights with some night shade and then use a clear coat on top?
              Well to be honest not really. I am doing the 98-02 conversion so I just wanted to stay consistent.

Comment

Hey Kevin I know what you're talking about. Was more like for purepwrta.

Not sure about the legality of doing it yourself. But then how legal are the blackouts you used?

Check this out

http://www.legend.org/performance/tu...aillights.html

There are other links explaning this. Just search on Google.

Also experiment with two or three layers and see how dark they are. Continue adding more layers if you want it darker or if you are happy with the result add clear coat to protect the tint. I guess it pays to have a steady hand and apply the coat even so it looks good. Was even thinking of buying an old set of lights for trying this.
                97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Not sure about the legality of doing it yourself. But then how legal are the blackouts you used?

Check this out

http://www.legend.org/performance/tu...aillights.html

There are other links explaning this. Just search on Google.

Also experiment with two or three layers and see how dark they are. Continue adding more layers if you want it darker or if you are happy with the result add clear coat to protect the tint. I guess it pays to have a steady hand and apply the coat even so it looks good. Was even thinking of buying an old set of lights for trying this.
                  or you can just get the tail light blackouts
                  Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                    or you can just get the tail light blackouts
                    Yeah I know, but ask Purepwrta how he feels about those. His were stolen off the car.

This would be a cheap replacement and you don't have to worry about anybody just pulling them off.

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Lol, I can imagine purepwta getting pulled over and the cop telling him, "You can take off your black outs or I can write you a ticket."
                      Hercules

Comment

OOPS!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                          Lol, I can imagine purepwta getting pulled over and the cop telling him, "You can take off your black outs or I can write you a ticket."
                          You got a point there, I guess he would be SOL or he just needs to have a battery powered sander with him all the time so that he can work the tint off the lights.

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

so ya just buy an extra set from a junk yard with scratchs in them sand them up a bit to make smooth and keep the good ones in the trunk
                            1995 formula firebird
                            mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

Comment

OK, well know I jemeber when I did get pulled over for the blackouts when they were on my car. I didnt get a ticket but the cop said that your BRAKE lights have to be visible for 500 feet. Thats it. Your lenses can be as dark as you want them, but the 500 foot visibility is required. I dont konw how you would be able to prove 500 feet in court though.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X