Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enkei V-1's (18") in So. Cal.

Well, I had to do it-

The '97 WS6 had to go before I even got to take advantage of this great forum.

All that remains is the painful memory of one of the greatest cars I have ever owned. A beautiful set of 18" Enkei V-1 3-piece rims. I had searched for the 'perfect' set of rims for my now departed (sob) T/A for over a year when I happened upon a Wings West Body kit ad. The car had this very same set of rims, and (at least in Southern California) was the one and only car that I saw with these. (I later saw a 17" version of the rim out of state...)

Cost (special order from Discount Tire Center) was $2150 for the 4, and another $250 per Eagle F-1. (A great price for tires at the time.) The tires are completely torched (as seems to be the case with anything that got near that car!) so they are of no use to anyone.

The rims are another story. I wanted to post here before I went the 'traditional' route as I could not possibly see these on anything but another F-Body.

I'm going to sell them for $1000 o.b.o. out in the real world but will take $550 FIRM for anyone in the forum that is interested. I would REALLY prefer to sell to someone within a reasonable driving area from me as I would like the prospective buyer to see these in person first and with the price as such, I don't want to spend any time or money on this. I feel that this price at least earns me the right to just sell them and not deal with any shipping hassles. If we must get into that, I will if the arrangements sound painless on my end.

All four rims are in great shape with the exception (there's always one, right) of 3 nicks on one outer rim. (see photos) I have supplied photos of the rims both on and off the car (must choke back the tears) to give an idea of how insane these things are.

As I no longer own an F-body, I will most likely not see responses to this (I'll try, though) so you can email me at: d@desotographics.com.

Thanks again for reading this and for allowing me to browse this site for the last few years. I'm hoping for another F-body again (after I get out of a new truck payment and new baby payments!) but something tells me it won't be anytime soon.... such a shame...

Thanks,

-Donovan

Photos: http://www.desotographics.com/cars/rims.htm

p.s. Non-F-Body related: Mopar guys: I also am selling a 2nd owner (purchased from original owner a year ago) '84 Dodge Daytona turbo. Beautiful condition and runs. Gas mileage in the mid-20's, but needs some engine work. I know nothing about turbos so I can only guess that there's a vacuum issue. Great power, but sporatic. I can supply details/pictures. First $1k takes it.

What are the widths of the rims? 18x? front and back. Are the all identical?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Sorry about that: They're 18x9's -- I ran 245/40ZR18's on them then bumped to 275/40ZR18's. When that didn't help, I asked about going bigger, but it seems that's about all that can be squeezed onto a 9" rim. (without them getting into legal hazy territory)

I just found the original invoice, so if you need any additional info., etc. I can scan it. I double-checked and original rim price came to $470.00/per plus tax... so it was right around $2k.

Thanks again,

-D

Comment

Thanks for the info! got a set of 18x9.5s and was looking for wider on the rear, thanks anyways!

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade
        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

SOLD

FYI - Sold; thanks !

Comment

Rims look great! Thanks

http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/in...e=post&id=2677
            94Z28, 6-speed,3.42 gears, LT4 HotCam, 1.6RR, LT4 Valve Springs, Hooker Long Tube Headers and y-pipe, heads ported and polished, intake ported. Underdrive pulleys, MSD wires, K&N Cold Air induction. Flowmaster, Air Foil, B&M Ripper Shifter, Throttle body bypass. Ed Wright Programming. Nitrous Works Kit with (75-175 shot), Purge Kit, MSD Window Switch, FPSS, WOT switch. Ported/Descreened MAF.

Comment

Working...
            X