Z28 vs. SS springs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z28 vs. SS springs

I recently purchased a '99 Z28. The car sits higher than I'd like and seems to be slightly higher in the rear (5/8"). My question is, does anyone know if there is a difference in the Z28 springs vs. the springs used on the SS. Most of the aftermarket springs I've seen (Eibach Pro-Kit, ect.) state the drop will be approx. 1" front and rear. That will get the car down lower, but still leave the rear higher. I'd like to lower the car slightly and get it sitting level. Any suggestions?

I've seen some cars higher in the rear and some are low. Do you have a cd player from the factory? I'm wondering is the cars with cd players have a higher rear suspension to ride a little better to not skip over bumbs. Its just a theory. Let take a pole.
    Anyway I have shaved the top rear spring rubber isolators wich are about an inch thick. I also shaved the rear shock bushings a bit wich are pretty thick as well. This droped my rear about a half an inch. It looks pretty good now.
    LT4KM, 160 degree TS, MAF ends, TB-bypass
    1.6 Roller Rockers, SLP CAI, LCA, tierod, 17x9" Wheels F/R, 275/40R17 Goodyear F1 tires.
    WS6 Muffler, LS1 Alum. Drive shaft. 21mm rear sway bar
    Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

The WS6 vs. standard TransAm has different spring rates that drop the rear about 1/2 inch to 1 inch. It would seem reasonable that the SS vs. Z28 would be the same way. Put in drag launch rear springs on a WS6 and the rear is raised back up to where a standard T/A sits. Gives it a nice rake. Sometimes I think about going lower, low front clearance with driveways and road kill keeps me from dropping it.

Comment

Working...
      X