Time to upgrade suspension!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to upgrade suspension!

Well, I think it's about time I upgrade my stock 91 Camaro RS suspension. I'm not really looking for tubular LCAs, panhard bars, etc. just yet, for now I'm just wanting to install some polyurethane bushings (especially since I'll have access to lifts, air tools, and alignment rack/machine for the next 10 weeks ). I'll probably be welding in my bolt-in SFCs, too. I just have some questions.

1.) Which company would you recommend for polyurethane stuff, Energy Suspension or Prothane? Both sell kits, but both also leave out about half the stuff you need for a total change-over.
    2.) I'm planning on installing 2 other parts while I've got the suspension apart. One is a wonderbar (or steering brace) and the other is heavy-duty tie-rod adjusting sleeves. Any comments or opinions on either of these? Think they're necessary on a relatively-stock car?

I guess what I really trying to get at is, what do you think I should do to improve my suspension to a better-than-stock condition, but not fully race-ready. I'm open to any opinions, suggestions, etc.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

yea I have always been a fan of energy suspension......anytime suspension parts come into mind they are usually the first I think of as far as bushings and what not.

AMF RACING: Friends don't let friends drive junk

01 black ss #0966
    lou's short stick, slp lid and cold air, smooth bellow, centerforce, loudmouth, 3 in. y pipe, flowtech long tubes, BMR STB, SLP 4.10's, polished zr-1s, MSD wires, T-6 plugs, and upcoming goodies....Tee-Hee

Comment

Working...
    X