This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellows snake is at it again!!!

I just checked ebay to discover the clown selling the Fernco bellows is at it again. He's selling the Fernco bellows for upwards of $30!!! It's a $4.50 part at Home Depot!!

Better yet, he's still using Fred's photo from his site...a real snake.

I will be emailing every one who bids on his item and telling them to withdraw.

I could use everyone's help on this to save unsuspecting F-body guys from getting ripped off. If you see a bidder...warn him.

It takes a real crook to not only steal someone else pictures but charge nearly ten times what a part costs!!!
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Ever hear of capitalism?

With the exception of using Fred's photo withoout permission, he is doing nothing wrong.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBob
      Ever hear of capitalism?

With the exception of using Fred's photo withoout permission, he is doing nothing wrong.

nothing wrong under capitalism........

but under fbodybrotherhoodism........he sux.

i discovered the ferno mod in 97 and have told tons of folks about it......... and where to get it.......

this dude aint right......

sorry

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Ken said it best...

It ain't about capitalism, it's about deception. There are a lot of new guys who are just learning why we enjoy our F-bods so much. Crooks selling $5 parts for $30 - $40 is just plain wrong. I can understand making a part yourself, but marking up a part found on the shelf of Home Depot...just not right.

It's all about the cars...not capitalism.
        Al 96 Ram Air T/A
        Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Can you give me a link?
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I don't see Fred's engine bay.Ebay Link

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Well SLP are selling it for $49.95 so this guy is cheaper !!

They are also selling a Tq arm that looks amazinly like BMRs !!

94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Is their a way we can expose this jerk for what he really is? It's similar to Speedvison airing the "Automotive product showcase" where some punk kid is selling a get rich quick scam on buying and selling used cars. I sent several e-mails asking Speedvision why they were insulting the intelligence of it's viewers buy airing such a scam.

Comment

Hey Fred...Ebay link

Originally posted by Injuneer
                  Can you give me a link?

Hey Fred...here ya' go!
                  Here's the link...this item sold Aug. 9.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2421225065

I'd recognize your engine bay anywhere...
                  Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Comment

What do you say we e-mail the winning bidder and inform him that he was just scammed? I many have to set up an account on e-bay so i can get the bidders e-mail addy. Ince when does a 98-02 Camaro/Vette use a 52mm tb????????????

Hyper

Comment

Hmmm--using the same logic as used in some of the posts, anyone who sells a skip shift eliminator for $25 or $30 or more instead of just selling the resistor is scamming people too. That includes a good number of teh vendors who support this board.

Sorry, I agree that this is not being deceptive, and it's not being a crook. It's finding a market and filling it. By analogy, everyone who sells something for 10 times what it costs is a crook too. I don't agree.
                      2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper94uznj
                        What do you say we e-mail the winning bidder and inform him that he was just scammed? I many have to set up an account on e-bay so i can get the bidders e-mail addy. Ince when does a 98-02 Camaro/Vette use a 52mm tb????????????

Hyper

The high bidder will try to retract his bid. He thanked me for the friendly tip and will be going to Home Depot for the part.

As for 00 Ragtop Z's analogy to the skip shift eliminator...

The distinction for me is simple. The eliminators for sale on ebay and sponser sites are contained in a weatherpack connector and are more than just a resistor in a ziplock bag. For the ease of installation, the plug, and the watertight connector, I feel it is justified to charge a modest sum for the engineering. I have no problem with profitting off an idea that requires engineering, testing, modifying, etc. But as I've said earlier, getting in your car, driving to Home Depot is not a valid excuse to charge $30 over cost. If the guy modified the part, (say a different color, hardware, modification, etc.) OK. But he's simply shipping a stock part...to me this is a form of deception.

Kinda like buying Zaino, then reselling it for a higher price without disclosing that it's in fact Zaino. Now, if you were to take the same bottle of Zaino and somehow do something to it to make it better (chemically modify it, test it, etc.) , then a mark up may be justified for your time and knowledge. Zaino may not be the best example, but I think you catch my drift. It's all about honesty. Disclose what the part is then sell it on ebay. Otherwise, your a crook.

Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Comment

How many guys have bought a beer at a ballgame for $4.00 when you can get a 6-pack for less at the grocery store? How about my earlier post about the new T-Bird with the $17,000 dealer markup?

Not saying I would ever do this type of thing, and don't really agree with it, but this is, to a great extent, how free enterprise and capitalism works. The guy buying the Fernco for $30, or whatever, isn't going to feel screwed until someone points out to him that he got screwed. Who knows, maybe the guy buying the Fernco also spends $50 a month on bottled water when you can get the same stuff for free out of the faucet. If someone feels that they own the rights to using a Fernco as a intake duct, then they should try to patent it. If it really pisses you off, then start selling them on Ebay for $5 + shipping and steal the guy's customers...

Comment

Most of you guys just don't get it. He stole a picture of my engine to sell his parts. If people are so uninformed that they will believe this guy's hype (can any one of you people who are so vigorously defending his right to sell these things show me a dyno that can prove this thing nets 7HP gain?) maybe they deserve to be scammed... or maybe they could have come here, or to CamaroZ28.com, or Project TransAM, or fbody.com, etc. and found out the truth from those of us who want to help out.

I do not want to be associated with the scammer. My opinion, but that's what he is. He has no right to use my engine picture, and to leave some people with the idea that somehow I am selling these parts or endorsing these parts.

Even eBay found his theft of intellectual property (their words) to be unacceptable, and shut down his (still active) auctions that were using my pictures. And I have already advised anyone who bought the Fernco, based on an auction using the picture of my engine, that they were scammed by this guy.

If your idea of "capitalism" is that it is OK to steal other peoples pictures and use them to rip people off, its a sad day. Kinda changes my opinion of a few people here.
                            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I too, have had my product photos stollen & used in other people's ebay auctions.

It can tend to really piss you off. Here I am trying to make an honest living... doing all of the work... and some bozo comes along and just steals yer stuff.

By the way, the SLP bellows ... and mine... are not the same as the Fernco connector. The Fernco piece is very thick and rigid. If you need it to make an angle it will stress the parts it's connected to. It's not all that uncommon to damage the MAF (especially plastic ones) with the Fernco.... on LS1 cars.

Gordon
                              www.provenperformanceconcepts.com

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X