Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something nice from Iraq

I copied it from an RX8 forum...

This is an excerpt from a family email. Not something you find in the papers.

I had a unique experience last Sunday that i want to tell you about. We;ve made good friends with the Italian camp that is about 5 miles from here and they have a Catholic priest stationed there and i asked him to come say a mass at our camp. Because of security it took weeks to set up but last Sunday he was here.

We turned our conference room into chapel and had about 20 chairs set up. We thought that would be enough as we have only 3 catholics and some Fijian guards that were interested also. The priest spoke no English and i helped him with mass and it was hard but went o.k. The amazing thing was when the Fijians were singing, which they were doing before the mass started, our kitchen crew that are all Iraq but christians not Musslum, heard the singing and came over and when they saw the priest getting things ready they joined us.

They were all brought to tears to be able to practice there faith and not worry about retaliation. We ended up with about 50 people jammed in and the mass was very inspirational with the different cultures blended and for awhile forgetting where we were. You never hear these kind of things from the national media but there are good things happening here as well as the bad, mostly up north. Well just wanted to let you know i;m doing fine and i;ll see everyone in ten days. Been gone almost three months and can't wait to see everyone. Give my love to all. P.S. the priest was so impressed he's coming back every week now and we;re setting up one of our warehouses here so everyone can get a seat.
    NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
    (SOLD 07/03/2004)

It always great to hear these kinds of things. I wish our media could do more about reporting some of the positive things that go on over there.
    Dave S
    2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

Ya know, I would be willing to bet that if that family submitted that letter to every major "news" show, about the only one that MIGHT pick it up would be FOX. That's kinda sad when you think about it.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Very sad for sure, and you are probably right.
        NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
        (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Media will only report on the shocking, the negative and the blood & guts - they think that's all the American public wants to watch. Anything to sell advertising space.......
          Darrin C
          '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
          07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Working...
          X