What should I be pushing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I be pushing?

Ok below is a list of my mods to my car. What do you think her horsepower / torque should be at? She dynoed at about 250 - 300 horses, and 500 pounds of torque. I dont think she is totally tuned right to be honest and i know she has a minor miss. But if tuned correctly what should she be pushing both torque and horses? Also would you recommend me changing to a 3.73 rear or keep the 4.11? Gas is no worry of mine.

383 Stroker
    Edelbrock Performer Series Carb
    Edelbrock 6089 Aluminum Heads
    Speedpro Cam
    KB pistons
    Moly Rings
    Rollertip Rocker Arms
    Holley Fuel Pump
    Headers (custom y-pipe directly following headers)
    Torker II Manifold
    Comp Magnum Roller Rockers
    4:11 Posi Rear End
    700R4 Trans with reverse shift pattern and Manual housing (must be shifted manually but no clutch) B&M Mega Shifter
    I do have NOS but would rather not run it
    "Keep your Wheels a spinnin and the beavers a grinnin!"

My G Ride:
    1985 Chevy Camaro
    383 Stroker
    Edelbrock Performer Carb, Edelbrock 6089 Aluminum Heads, Speedpro 4000 series Cam, KB pistons, Chromemoly Rings, Rollertip Rocker Arms, Holley Fuel Pump, Headers (w/ y-pipe), Torker II Manifold, Comp Magnum Roller Rockers, 4:11 Posi Rear, 700R4 Trans with reverse manual valve body w/ B&M Mega Shifter, & NOS
    My car @ Cardomain

There is a big difference between 250 hp and 300 hp. Do you remember exactly what the number was? What are the specs on the cam? Im no expert but that info will help a little more.
    97 SS #C007
    Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
    SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

I say your full of it. Who dynos between 250-30 and 500 ft/lbs of torque/
      Michael Key
      Virginia's F-Body Enthusiast Community - NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

HR3rdGen.org

Comment

Working...
      X