Bleeding Brakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding Brakes

Ok i took the t/a around the block cuz it was a nice day and to stop i have to push the brake pedal almost all the way to the floor. This was a problem before i put the car away too but driving it around the block reminded me to ask about it. I think i have to bleed the brakes cuz maybe some air got caught up in the brake lines or something. Im just guessing. But how do i bleed my brakes or what is the problem cuz i think its kinda dangerous and i really dont feel like rearending someone ya know. thanks tom
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Did the car stop good? Was there pressure when the pedal was all the way down, or was it still really loose?

I can honestly say that i have had no reason to do my brakes, but i have done brakes on many other cars before.

To bleed the brakes, you need 2 people. One person gets in the car and pump the brakes until they feel firm, then push down as hard as you can. The other person needs to then open up the bleeder screw (it's the screw underneath the rubber "nipple" on the backside of the caliper)....usually about 8mm or so. When you open it, you will hear the air hiss out, and then a stream of brake fluid will start to come out. When this happens, close the bleeder screw. Repeat this process a couple times, then make sure your brake fluids are filled properly.

Hope this helps
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
    X