Convertable roll bars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertable roll bars

Hi, i just came accross this forum when I was looking for a roll cage for my 94 firebird convertable. I wasnt relly looking for the roll cage, rather a bar that goes behond the front seats and looks like a roll cage. I've seen them on alot of mustang convertables but I can't seem to find them for sale. Are they called something else instead of a roll cage or bar?

Not sure if they are for convertables

http://www.livermoreperformance.com/...ll%20Bars.html
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Do you mean a light bar, like this?

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

If you go by the NHRA definition, I believe what you want is a "roll bar".... a hoop behind the driver, braces to the front, passing between the elbow and shoulder (Actually NHRA only requires the one on the drivers side), two braces from the hoop to the rear body structure, and a crossbar behind the seats. That is a "roll bar" and is required for convertibles running below 14.00 and coupes running below 12.00

NHRA also specifes a "roll cage", which is required for cars running under 10.00, and must be NHRA certified. The "cage" adds a "halo" from the hoop to the windshield, braces from the front of the halo to the floor under the dash, and connectors alond the rocker panel from the hoop base connections to the front brace connections.

Wolfe sells "roll bars" for convertibles, as well as coupes.

Wolfe Racecraft

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Yea Knightfire found it, a light bar. I'm not bringing my car to the track or anything, so the cage would be a waste. I wanted the light bar more for looks. Thankyou, oh and were did you find that kinghtfire?

Comment

I found the pic on bfranker's site...

You can purchase one here (just did a search for F-body and Light Bar and came up with it:

http://www.customracer.com/firebird_...eels_body.html

KnightFire
            1993 Formula Firebird
            Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

RKSport sells it also.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
              X