Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy this Car or Not?

Hi Guys!

I have a 1997 Z28 with 84Kmiles on it. The car I was thinking about trading my Z28 to is a red 1997 TransAm with 40,384 miles on it.

A dealer in my area has it for sale.

Price is $8999

My Car is paid for? I own it!

Picture of my car below also!

Look at picture below! What should I do?

Thanks Lee!
    Attached Files
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Well... it looks nice... but '98 LS1 cars have dipped below $10K in pretty good condition.

EDIT: ^^^^^ That was my 2000th post.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

tough call man it does look nice, but keep looking u might find something better , goodluck
      1967 Camaro "Project"
      1972 Chevelle "454"
      1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Originally posted by LeeS97Z28
        red 1997 TransAm with 40,384 miles on
        Best years. I would go for it. Especially with that price and that low milage.
        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Call me a "left-brainer" but . . . .paid for is the way to go! You can buy whatever you need for repair or upgrades . . . .car payments are THE DEVIL!
          Darrin C
          '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
          07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
            Call me a "left-brainer" but . . . .paid for is the way to go! You can buy whatever you need for repair or upgrades . . . .car payments are THE DEVIL!

I agree. But, it depends on which one you like better. Since all F-Bodys are the same under the skin it all comes down to which one you thinks looks better. Since you already own a nice Camaro I would just put my money into fixing it up. 84k is nothing for a well taken care of LT1 or LS1. Good luck with your decision and make sure whatever you choose is what you really want. I'm still kicking myself for selling my 97 Z. , but luckily (after four years) I found another Camaro to make up for it
            2000 Camaro SS #3507

www.cardomain.com/memberpage/775745

Comment

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=y&cardist=149

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277214

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277251

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268266

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276827
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Thanks Guys for your help!
                I need to just think for a spell!

My car is paid for and I would shore miss it, But I love the TA's

Thanks Lee!

Comment

Any more Suggestions?

Comment

there is a 98 in the for sale section of this site for 5500 obo

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                    6.2L/382.97 ci
                    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                    WCT-5 speed
                    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                    Boss MS 18" Rims
                    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                    Custom Dual exhaust
                    1LE upgrade
                    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Personally, I dont see the point of selling a 97 for another 97 unless your engine is in bad shape or needs repair, especially since your car is paid for. Yes, the milage is lower but you dont have very high miles on yours either. The only trade I would make is if you are absolutely in love with the T/A's and have to have one or if your going to upgrade to an LS1 I might do that if the right deal comes up.
                      97 SS #C007
                      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernSS
                        Personally, I dont see the point of selling a 97 for another 97 unless your engine is in bad shape or needs repair, especially since your car is paid for. Yes, the milage is lower but you dont have very high miles on yours either. The only trade I would make is if you are absolutely in love with the T/A's and have to have one or if your going to upgrade to an LS1 I might do that if the right deal comes up.
                        I agree totally here... and with LS1s dropping into that very same price range, you gotta take advantage of that if you do anything at all.

If a late model 3rd gen was on sale for the same price or slightly higher than an early 4th gen... that would be a no-brainer, wouldn't it?

Comment

Very true, I always try and look to upgrade not samegrade.....or something
                          97 SS #C007
                          Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                          SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Working...
                          X