Question about Seats?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Seats?

Ok I am 6' 5" and I fit ok in my Camaro but I would love it if the seat could move back about 2" or 3" inches. Has anyone ever attempted this before? Or have any ideas on how I can go about this. I would like to stick with the stock seats but I am open to new ideas.

any one????????????????????????????????

Comment

You could probably re-mount them a few inches back. Remove the four bolts that hold it down now, remove the seat, replace the bolts.

Then drill four new holes a few inches back from the original ones. Prior to drilling check underneath to make sure you don't go thru something else like a brake or fuel line. You will need new nuts and bolts, and I would use the largest fender washers you can find underneath the floor pan. Note that the rear most bolt holes may be lower, so you may need to "shim" up between the floor and the bottom of the seat bracket in order to maintain the same height, unless you want the seat lower. Use galvinized fasteners, then paint any exposed metal above and below to prevent rusting.

I haven't done this to my Camaro, but I did it for a friends pickup a few years ago, and he hasn't fallen out yet.
      The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Working...
      X