ps2 incar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ps2 incar

im drivin to virginia tonight for the weekend, and i put a ps2 in my car just for the trip. so i bought a power inverter for my ps2 and when i turn it all on i see lines on the monitor. it kinda seems like "roadnoise" but it happens when the car is off too. any ideas?
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Cheap inverter?

I've traveled in the past with a inverter powering my laptop and GPS antenna with no problems.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by redws6
      im drivin to virginia tonight for the weekend, and i put a ps2 in my car just for the trip. so i bought a power inverter for my ps2 and when i turn it all on i see lines on the monitor. it kinda seems like "roadnoise" but it happens when the car is off too. any ideas?
      where you headed in VA?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

The PS2 might need a sine wave inverter instead of modified sine wave, or there might not be enough power for it. So, if you get it working, are you actually going to entertain yourself playing with video games while driving or is it for your kids?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
          The PS2 might need a sine wave inverter instead of modified sine wave, or there might not be enough power for it. So, if you get it working, are you actually going to entertain yourself playing with video games while driving or is it for your kids?
          kids? haha im only 20. me and two of my buddies are goin down. its for them so they dont drive me up a wall.

im goin down to james madison university in harrisonburg.

o and i think i have a bad cigarette lighter, i tried a 140 watt inverter and then a 300 watt, and i got the same results.
          1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Your car should have two lighter slots. They both have the same results?
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              Your car should have two lighter slots. They both have the same results?
              two???i only see one, right next to the ash tray to the right
              1996 Trans Am WS6

Comment

1996 only has the one cig lighter socket.

And I don't know that it would be the cigarette lighter socket. If it works for a cig cord on a phone or other accessories, it should work for the inverter. If the inverter is powering on, then you have some other issue.

Regardless, I don't trust the cigarette lighter to run much in my cars, so I hardwire everything in. I leave the lighter open so if friends need it to charge their phones or something, they can have at it.
                "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

yeh i have no idea what the deal is. o well.
                  1996 Trans Am WS6

Comment

Originally posted by redws6
                    kids? haha im only 20. me and two of my buddies are goin down. its for them so they dont drive me up a wall.

im goin down to james madison university in harrisonburg.

o and i think i have a bad cigarette lighter, i tried a 140 watt inverter and then a 300 watt, and i got the same results.
                    "
                    im goin down to james madison university in harrisonburg. "

just checkin... if you were commin up I95, im right off the exite 143, thought you might want to stop by for a bu## whuppin..............

muaahahahaaahahaha

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                    X