Power Pulleys -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Pulleys -

Hey G-force junkies! I am about to buy a crank reduction pulley for the Z28 but I didn't want to do it without consulting you first!

I have heard that if you install the crank reduction pulley without the special alternator pulley, it won't charge properly.

Is that true?
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Your money is better spent elsewhere. The pulley mod costs alot for the power it returns.

The bigger crank pulley slows down the accessories. On a LT1 that is your alternator, A/C and PS pump. In order to prevent the battery from not charging properly you'll need to put a smaller pulley on the alternator to speed it back up, so forget about any gains from that. The A/C automatically disengages at WOT so there are really no gains from that either. That means the only thing you are really slowing down is the PS pump. A couple HP maybe?

Not worth it.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Thanks TraceZ. I'll wait until I can get something with more bang for my buck.
      Darrin C
      '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
      07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Tracy is right...you get 0.7 peak horsepower...not worth it...here are the results:
        http://www.ws6.com/mod-2.htm
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Wow! Results were close to nothing! I'm glad I didn't blow my money on that mod. Thanks.
          Darrin C

Comment

Working...
          X