What happened to racenet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to racenet?

Does anyone know what happened to racenet.net? I bought some stuff from them in the past, but can't find them anymore. They had tremendously good pricing (although mediocre customer service). Did they change their site, or go out of business?
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Hopefully, out of business. They went way downhill...

There are lots of good places to spend your money.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Actually, after I dealt with them...I didn't want to again. However, their prices were unbeatable, so I simply showed the site to Summitracing, and whenever I wanted the pricematch, they would beat it by $1.
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I tried to go look for their site also and couldn't find it. I liked them.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Was that the old "IRS" - Internet Racer's Supply, or something like that.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The old site was www.racenet.net
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I knew one of the guys that ran IRS (Racenet). Their intentions were right, I just don't think they took their business ethics or more importantly their customer relations serious. It was actually a fairly small operation basically run out of a garage in the beginning before moving to a larger location. They then grew more quickly than they could have imagined. Their prices were unbeatable, but without a strong customer relationship.....well you know ther drill.

Comment

Working...
              X