plug suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plug suggestions

ok few people have been telling me to run colder delco r43's. im leaning torward NGK irridiums for plugs since the plugs get changed like twice a season but i would like some suggestions... you can see my setup on my sig , also should i gap my plugs any differently running a 6BTM MSD an Paxton blower @ 6#? also on the lt1 coil, there are 2 plastic connectors for the stock ignition system. mine are grey and black, where can i order these connectors? these are vital to my MSD electrical circuit! thanks!!

-chris

General guideline is to drop one heat range for each 70HP added. You would appear to need at least one heat range cooler. If you feel the need to change the plugs "twice a season", why would you want to invest in an expensive plug like the "long life" Iridium? I would think you would be fine with a common non-platinum plug like an NGK TR6 or Autolite 104.

I guess I'm just curious.... what plug are you currently using, and what problem are you encountering that causes you to change them twice a season?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

i was actually using tr6's before i started using delco. the reason i was switching the plugs was due to the problems i was having with the msd 6btm box last season. i ended up running the stock ignition for a while until i got a new box from msd and wanted to check the plugs for wear etc. when i t gets a lil warmer out i have to rewire the msd box inside the car under the drivers seat and the problems that i have been reading on other forums etc have stated that the 6btm boxes are prone to water heat and *electrical connection issues which leads me to the electrical connectors on the lt1 coil, they need to be replaced asap, thats why i wanted to know if anyone knew the part number or name. the two plastic connectors on the coil black and grey. thanks!

-chris

Comment

Working...
      X