Reverse Lights don't work 2002 Z28 M6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Lights don't work 2002 Z28 M6

I need your help. I have my car lowered thinking I may have hit a bump a while back.

Heres what I check so far:

1. I read the service manual and found there is not a fuse just for reverse. Since all the other lights work I am assuming checking fuses is a lost cause.

2. I looked at the left reverse light yesteday. Its fine. The socket is clean.

What next?????????????????

Get under the car with a multimeter and unplug the reverse plug on the side of the transmission. Use the multimeter to test the switch. Inspect everything and put it back together.

To test it manually, short the two wires on the connector and the reverse lights should come on.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
    X