Little bit o help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little bit o help

Ok so i havent been driving my car much cuz it had been acting up on me and its winter so i start it up every now and then and drive it once a week or so. So today i start it up i was actualy on my way to my friends house to do plugs/wires on it and i can hear a clicking noise. so i pop the hood and theres some arcing or sumthing goin on down near the coil. ( seems to be coming from where it connects to the opti ) i have heard this noise like once before. Does that mean the coil is shot ?? or does it mean that im in for some fun with the less pleasant one to replace.
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

Could be the opti case has a crack but most likely just the wire to the coil needs to be repalced.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Yup, time for new wires. It's lots of fun on a LT1! Be prepared to use lots of swear words!
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Hopefully it's only the wire. Check all your connections and make sure they aren't corroded. If that's not the problem, then I would check the coil. I have seen them crack. If that's not it, then it's OPTI-crap time... Someone has a very detailed ignition trouble shooting page. I wish I could find it... Hopefully they'll respond also.

Good Luck...
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Working...
        X