We are a dying breed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are a dying breed

I just got my Jeg's catalog and came to a realization... We F-body enthusiasts are losing our market share. I counted 10 pages of Mustang stuff, and only 2 pages of TPI/LT1/LS1 stuff.

That really sucks.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

yeh man, as soon as you know it, there will be no section for us.
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Yea, Thats why I like summit better. Atleast they have 7 pages for TBI/LT1/LS1
      Richard Harvey Jr.
      '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Know what you mean man. The latest Summit Big Book only has 7 pgs. for the TPI/LT1/LS1 section, but has 11 for the Mudstain, 14 for Mopar and 19 for Sport Crappact. Ugh
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Lots O stuff for truck owners & ricers too. Never was much stuff for LT1. I always felt that way when I was a Mopar owner, too, but I liked having something that not everybody else had.

Just look at it this way - Mustangs need 10 pages of parts to try and keep up with F-Bods with their measily 2 pages of mods.

Comment

Just think that only a few years ago we didnt even have a section.Im glad there's some sort section at all.I just wish they would get some new products from different companies.
            99' TA 347 H/C MS4, QTP headers, 9' 4.11's
            11.05@ 125 on motor, 9.80 @142 on nitrous

Comment

If you think about it though, you have to mod the mustang to keep up with everyone else, our cars are one of a kind and dont need alot of tuning there awesome stock!!! But when they are modded, haha, look out. I drive to like the gas station about a mile away from me and see about 15 mustangs, 25 hondas, 10 of those stupid RSX thingys, and on a rare occasion, another f body. I like how our cars are one of a kind.
              1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Originally posted by blackthunder50
                If you think about it though, you have to mod the mustang to keep up with everyone else, our cars are one of a kind and dont need alot of tuning there awesome stock!!! But when they are modded, haha, look out. I drive to like the gas station about a mile away from me and see about 15 mustangs, 25 hondas, 10 of those stupid RSX thingys, and on a rare occasion, another f body. I like how our cars are one of a kind.
                man i couldnt have said it better, i feel soo proud owning an f-bod
                1967 Camaro "Project"
                1972 Chevelle "454"
                1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                  Know what you mean man. The latest Summit Big Book only has 7 pgs. for the TPI/LT1/LS1 section, but has 11 for the Mudstain, 14 for Mopar and 19 for Sport Crappact. Ugh
                  "mudstain" "sport crappact"
                  Don't know why, but this reply just made me laugh my a$$ off! I'm in one of those moods.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                  Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Summit sent me a 59 page catalog separate from the main catalog a while back. It features Matt Hartford's now 1600 HP Sport Compact Pro RWD car. That car traps in excess of 205 MPH. These 6 cylinder compacts are hanging side by side with the 500" Hemi powered Pro Stock cars. Sport Compacts are becoming a force to be reckoned with.

On another note, I just got to drive and abuse a 2005 Mach 1 after we finished putting my crate motor in my Tahoe. I am not a Ford person by nature but, I must say that car surprised me! We raced it against a couple of LT1 cars that were up there at my friends shop and sadly the Mach 1 walked both the LT1 Camaros. Not by a bunch but, nevertheless it was a loss. Both Camaros had minor boltons with one having LT headers. The Mach 1 was bone stock.

The Mach1 gearbox felt solid and shifted very well. With the traction control on it was a litle tricky getting the tires to spin in 2nd but, without the traction control on, it will roast em in 2nd and leave about a 6 foot black mark in 3rd. I especially like the 6750 factory redline!!

The interior is also pretty nice. I think I like the F-body interior better but the Mach 1's black leather interior is not bad by any means.

Moral of the story is, look out for those Mach 1's. They are not slow!

Comment

They're not there to be fair, they're there to make money. Everyone modifies their Mustang because stock, they're garbage. I've heard that they don't even handle like sports cars, not to mention their shifters are in the most rediculously awkward, uncomfortable and out of reach spot imaginable. At the same time, a used Mustang of a similar year to an F-body usually sells for about the same, maybe more. For some reason, people buy the crap out of them though so there's a huge market for parts. F-bodies are already pretty awesome from the factory so we have less use for aftermarket parts. We LT1 guys will have problems soon seeing as how manufacturers are adding more and more power to cars so soon, 14's won't cut it anymore. LT1's are still relatively new, more expensive, not to mention they're a lot more technologically advanced than 3rd gens so people are a lot less willing to do motor swaps so that's not much use. I work at Stop and Shop and occasionally, i get this one awesome customer on my line (i'm a cashier). He's in, i'd guess his late 70's- early 80's and he adores his 95 Z28. He just came on my line today and told me that he can't wait to pop his t-tops out. Our cars are more fun to drive. We can rip around turns, cruise around on the highway with our mighty 6 gears as opposed to their puny 5 speeds and get superior gas mileage (sorry auto guys and V-6 guys!), those of us who have them can pop out their t tops and just enjoy the wind blowing through their hair. Mustangs are good for......going in staight lines......around town so there's no problem in dropping in crazy gears and superchargers and getting 9MPG with them as those cars rarely see the freeway, therefore modifying the bejesus out of a car is no big deal economically. Mustangs are also easier to work on though. I couldn't put headers on my car if my life depended on it. Mustangs are much easier though so people have no problems getting parts and putting them on with a buddy. Anything i'd want to do would probably require a lift, an engine hoist or some other form of going completely out of my way. Getting there is half the fun though i suppose.
                      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                      SOLD- Kinda miss it
                      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                      SOLD- Good riddance!
                      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
                      X