NFB: Debit cards?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Debit cards?

I was wondering if you can order things online with debit cards. I'm only 16 so I cant get a credit card and my dad never wants to punch in his info even though I have the money. I've been trying to order some zaino for a month and every time I ask him, he is always like "no not tonight, I dont feel like it"
    At my bank I can get a debit card because I have a checking account. I just wonder if you can order stuff online with a debit card because im sick of my dad's hold ups.

I order stuff online with mine, it has the Visa logo on it. I just put the info in as a Visa card. I haven't ever had a problem.
    Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

As long as it has a visa / mastercard logo on it, yes you can.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Lots of places will take a debit card as they would a credit card. I don't use one so I am not an expert.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

works just like one...just remember to have the funds in first.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Some places will let you use a check over the phone too...you just need the routing number off the bottom of the check, and your checking account number. Not all places will allow this, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Make sure when you get your card that it can be used as a debit or credit card. Mine allows me to use it wherever a credit card is accepted even if it won't take debt. I'm really not sure how it works but either way it just draws the money out of my account. Its also very nice for younger people to have because I know I can't get myself into debt with it.
              1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Most places will accept debit cards and they will work online. Wal-mart has something where they will only accept a debit card as a debit card, which can be a problem if your bank encourages you to have places treat it as a credit card.

Anyway, if you get one, make sure you keep up with your purchases in your check register so you don't bounce anything.

Also, there may be some differences in how it is treated with relation to it being stolen. Make sure your bank has a good policy about stolen cards and how the funds are put back into your account if this happens.
                Wifey to Jeff in ATL

Comment

Yes, you can do this, just be aware. A real Visa of MC has fraud protection and consumer purchase protection and a debit card does not. It is an electronic card for your checking account. If it get's stolen, you may be responsible for the purchases made before you report it. Visa and MC generally limit your liability to $50 or $0. Also, if buy something and it is not right, or the merchant will not help you with a return or repair, Visa and MC will let you challange the seller, and or cover the purchase with a kind of insurance. Check with your bank, and find out what your liability is for fraudulent charges and such. I encourage everyone to shop online, as long as you understand the risks. Same goes for WalMart and other stores. There are some risks to giving the teller your card. :-)

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
                  95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
                  Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

Yay!!!! I got it today.

Comment

yeh now its gonna be even harder to save money,

hmmmmm.... buy car car parts or save money?
                      1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

both: save alot of money and buy expensive parts

Comment

Working...
                        X