Getting that dang wheel lock off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting that dang wheel lock off

My tire blew and to make matters worse, the wheel security lock is stripped. I've got the large socket that goes over the entire lug and grips it, twisting it off. However, every time I try twisting it off, it just falls off. Its on as far as it will go, and I've run out of ideas on how to get it off. Am I doing it wrong, are there any suggestion you guys have as to getting the lock off? Any different tools to use? As of now, I'm thinking I'll just try patching the tire and getting it to a shop. Sorry if Im missing any relevant info.

-Andy

Drill a shallow hole in the wheel lock lug nut and then use an EZ-Out to back the lock off the lug bolt.

Comment

Get a 12 pt socket (craftsman) and get it to be very snug and hammer it on and impact it off.
      I LOVE COBRA'S -
      THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

they make an inverted ez out, it looks like a socket only it has the ridges of an ez out on the inside, you gentely tap it on with a hammer, and use an impact wrench to take it off. you can get them at sears or mac, snapon, or i think home depot and lowes
        2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
        1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
        past rides:
        1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
        2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
        1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
        2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
        2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
        1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
        1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
        1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Take a socket that is too small for it, but not way too small. Hammer it on, put in the ratchet. Get a breaker bar. Twist it off. Did this to mine to find out a couple months later that I put the wheel cap over the wheel lock.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Have a nut welded on it then take it off with a socket the size of the nut
            1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Ask your local Big O Tires or competing Tire Supplier very nicely to take it off for you Surprisingly just a little charm and patience can get you quite a lot of freebies when it comes to your wheels.
              1996 Z28

2000 C5

1995 Eagle Talon Tsi

1994 Suburban 1500

Comment

Working...
              X