hmmmm.. our Firehawk..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmmm.. our Firehawk..

since nobody has really bit on buying it yet.....
    and......sine NADA recognizes the firehawk and the retail is much higher than I was asking for ours.....which is in mint condition i might add........ and since the general manager of Ultimate Buick, Isuzu, Pontiac, GMC is a personal friend.........and since mary's Envoy got "violated" this week and is going into the body shop......and since she needs more room for transporting golden retrievers......

im considering trading in her Envoy and the Hawk on a fully loaded Yukon for her.............. my car payments will go down.. and it opens up the garage for mary's vehicle............

but.............it takes another piece of my heart...... spring is near.....

hmmmmmmmmm

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Well Ken, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Your directions in live change and some things have more priority than others.

Would hate to see our toys go.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Bad idea! You will regret it. However - my wife has a Suburban Z71 and we would not trade it for ANYTHING! They are amazing vehicles - this is my 3rd Suburban. After you have had one you are spoiled!
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Hi Ken!

Ya know I just listen to you guys most of the time! But, I have to speak up on this one!

DONT do it! because I promise you it will be something you'll really regret!

You can't stop liking something that's in you blood.

Now I know that deep down you really wished you hadn't given up your Comp TA! You can't tell me that you wished you hadn't. So stop punishing yourself. Start enjoying life again. Keep the car and go out and meet your friends again!

Just my $.02 worth

Lee!
        Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Ya know Ken, you could trade in both Envoys and get the Yukon, Yukon XL, Tahoe or Suburban that you're thinkin' about. Keep the Hawk man. Remember how much you hated seeing the Comp go? I doubt it will be easier to see the Hawk go. Keep her man. Just my thoughts. Heck, I'll even store it for ya if you like
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Ken, if you trade in the Hawk, we will gather together and initiate the first lynching in Virginia in a long time!

Sometimes financial obligations can lead to an unfortunate but inevadable decision to make a sacrifice, BUT .............I'm sure you can find a way to keep the Hawk. A man should never have to part with his toys!

Comment

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Let's all go over to Ken's house, form a single-file line and take turns kicking him in the balls. After we are done, he might have an idea of how it will feel to watch another man drive away his last f-body.

Are things really that bad? If Mary needs a larger vehicle why not get a deal on an older low mile Suburban that is in nice shape? Do you really need to have brand-new cars? That is a terrible place to put your money, especially if it causes you financial hardship and sacrafice.

I'm putting on my steel toe'd boots and getting in the car now. Hang on Ken, I'm coming to rescue you! Who's with me??

What's the best way to Ken's place from Wisconsin anyway? Lets go give him an "adjustment".

Sorry to hear you are even considering it, Ken. With low mile used Suburbans as easy to find as they are, you would consider selling the bird just to get a "brand new" truck. That right there tells me you really don't care about the car anymore. If that is the case, go ahead and sell it to someone that really wants it and will love it.

In 5 years, that "brand new" truck will be a used truck. Nobody will ever look at it twice, it will just be old and used.

-or-

In 5 years the hawk will be even more of a classic that it is today and it will be yours to show off and watch people drool over.

Your call.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I'll rowshamboya for it!! I get to go first

2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                  2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Hey Ken, I think you might want to look at this:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/aucti....asp?id=178660

24,570 for a 12,000 mile WS6 Trans Am. I see no reason why your car, which is more rare, wouldn't bring that much if not more. I'm sure if Barrett-Jackson looked at it, they'd want it to roll across the stage. If not, call up Floyd Garret Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN. I've heard that they buy rare muscle cars like yours, they might give you what you want for it. Then you'll know that it will be well taken care of and won't be dogged out, and possibly even be available for you to purchase back from them at some time in the future.
                    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Let's all go over to Ken's house, form a single-file line and take turns kicking him in the balls. After we are done, he might have an idea of how it will feel to watch another man drive away his last f-body
                      ROTFPMSWL
                      I am tying to book a flight now tracez.

IMO ken a mans got to do what a mans got to do .............................................. sell mary keep the hawk
                      http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
                      C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
                      mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Am with Trace, but I don't know how many ninja stars I can withstand.

Keep it, just imagine how hard it was getting rid of the first one, but then you always had something to look forward to, you get rid of the last one, there will be nothing left.
                        1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                        "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

you guys are the best.. i got up this a.m., looked out in the garage..walked out and lifted up the cover on the nose..........put it back...walked back in and said "u dumb @$$"........."what are thinking"......

for now... nothing changes.... you guys a right.....besides.. i think we'd lose too much money on the envoy.its an 03.....

Comment

Ken - The Hawk is awesome, but would you sell it if the money was right? You have already got rid of the "hard one". It's a choice only You and Mary can make.

I would love to see you keep it, but like it's been said a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do..

Good Luck...
                            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                              I'll rowshamboya for it!! I get to go first

I haven't heard that in a long time! "rowshamboya" LMAO!
                              Tracy
                              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                              Current Mods:
                              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
                              X