GT4 cars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT4 cars?

I finally got my copy today, and let me just say, that I am amazed, yet somewhat disappointed. The only 4th gens in the game (that I've found so far) is the 2000 SS and the 97 Z28. No WS6 cars like some other boards were reporting, no Pontiac f-body at all. They do have the 69 Z28 and 69 SS, but that's it. Now, I know that we would like to see all gens of the car in the game, but I guess even Sony doesn't have enough resources to pull the car from EA games

They do have a lot of cars in this game, and the graphics are incredible. I thought GT3 would be hard to beat as far as the game looks, but GT4 makes GT3 look like Pong
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

What?! No ZR-1, ZO6, or Grand Sport? This game is biased.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Bah, who cares I transfered in 100,000 from my GT3 game and bought an R-34 V-Spec II with it. Only car I ever want to drive in the game.

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

PROJECT: Firebird '68 Firebird Convertible // 455 Engine // 389 Tri-Power Intake // 4 Speed Manual Trans

Comment

what ea game are you on about ?
        http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
        C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
        mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
          What?! No ZR-1, ZO6, or Grand Sport? This game is biased.
          He's just talking about the f-body.
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Yes, I'm just talking about the f-bods. There is a ZR1, but no GS or ZO6 that I can find. No C6 either.

Need For Speed owns the rights to Porsche, the Caprice, Firebird, and Crown Vic/Mercury Marauder, McLaren F1 street car, Lamborghini, and some others, which is why there are in the Gran Turismo series. Gran Turismo has the RUF cars, which are Porsches but are modified by RUF. Gran Turismo also has the McLaren F1 race car, but can't use the street car because of the above limitations. A few sites had listed 4th gens Pontiacs as being in the game, and it was even on some of the "official lists" that I had seen, but apparently somebody didn't know what the heck they were talking about.

My theory is that if you are going to hype a game as the driving game to defeat all driving games with authority, then you ought to have a wide variety of vehicles to choose from, both import and domestic. GT is heavily favoring imports, specifically Nissan, Mazda, and Toyota. There's like 30 different Skylines in the game. I mean jeez, if you can put a steam powered car with wagon wheels, the least you could do is give us a Ram Air or a C6.

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
              GT is heavily favoring imports, specifically Nissan, Mazda, and Toyota.
              Perhaps that is because it's made in Japan, and for a large part of it's players, those cars are dometics.
              Dave M
              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

There's like 30 different Skylines in the game.
                I do agree with that, it is definately a pain in.... I'd better stop there

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

PROJECT: Firebird '68 Firebird Convertible // 455 Engine // 389 Tri-Power Intake // 4 Speed Manual Trans

Comment

i have a 550 hp 02 SS, too bad the car cant turn. but boy does that blower shreik
                  -Nick-
                  95 A4 Z28

Comment

Yes, I'm just talking about the f-bods. There is a ZR1, but no GS or ZO6 that I can find. No C6 either.

Need For Speed owns the rights to Porsche, the Caprice, Firebird, and Crown Vic/Mercury Marauder, McLaren F1 street car, Lamborghini, and some others, which is why there are in the Gran Turismo series. Gran Turismo has the RUF cars, which are Porsches but are modified by RUF. Gran Turismo also has the McLaren F1 race car, but can't use the street car because of the above limitations. A few sites had listed 4th gens Pontiacs as being in the game, and it was even on some of the "official lists" that I had seen, but apparently somebody didn't know what the heck they were talking about.

My theory is that if you are going to hype a game as the driving game to defeat all driving games with authority, then you ought to have a wide variety of vehicles to choose from, both import and domestic. GT is heavily favoring imports, specifically Nissan, Mazda, and Toyota. There's like 30 different Skylines in the game. I mean jeez, if you can put a steam powered car with wagon wheels, the least you could do is give us a Ram Air or a C6.
                    They have the 00' Z06, first car I bought after I transfered 100,000 from GT3. Very fun game.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

They also have Jay Lenos tank car. It's that huge looking roadster with a tank engine, and like semi tires. I'm excited to get that thing unlocked!

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                      Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Ok, so we got a total of 9 NA cars and a whopping 300 imports. They should call this Rice Turismo.
                        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                          Ok, so we got a total of 9 NA cars and a whopping 300 imports. They should call this Rice Turismo.
                          LOL, well the guy that created it, is japanese. But i can't believe they don't have more american cars. Honda has like 46 cars or something Who wants to race a honda, unless its a honda only race...even then i still don't want to do it.
                          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

In GT2, I got as complete as you could get (like 99.4% due to a glitch in the game). GT3, I quit worrying about it, because the cars you win in most of those "vehicle specific" races are not anything I want anyway.

Luckily I have a Gameshark, so I started the game with all licenses, almost all the tracks, 15 cars, and 1 trillion dollars!

Comment

which need for speed you talking about has firebird ?
                              2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
                              SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
                              Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
                              http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Working...
                              X