X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firebird rims

undefinedundefinedundefined

hey whats up everybody
    i have a 2002 v6 firebird and its my first car, im 15 and i just have a few questions about rim sizes and what will fit and everything

how big of rims can you fit on a firebird?

i figured 18" so i have a set picked out that i want to get.. at: http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ShowLarge=True

details on the rims: "Driv Kick 18x7.5 inch chrome offset FWD"

will these fit on my firebird?.. im planning on getting the wheel and tire package

thanks for your time i appreciate it
    shayne

I can't tell you if they'll fit or not, cause I don't know. I definately don't like them (I know you didn't ask for opinions but I'm giving it anyway) cause I don't like all the bling... but its not my car and I'm not the one that has to like it.

In order to be constructive, here is something that I do like on the Firebird.

I don't know how to directly link to the picture at the tirerack, but if you're interested go to www.tirerack.com and select 2002 Pontiac Firebird. Keep clicking the right button to see more wheels, theese are second from last.

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

PROJECT: Firebird '68 Firebird Convertible // 455 Engine // 389 Tri-Power Intake // 4 Speed Manual Trans

Comment

I think too it would look like CRAP! After you get those you probably won't be able to spin your tires anymore. Why not 17 by 9? I think wider looks way better then taller. Even stock 16 by 8 is way better then what your looking at. Why a narrower wheel - plus with it being even taller will make it look even more narrow. yuck
      94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

There's not enough info on the website to know if they are even available for an "F-Body". The 7.5" width is too narrow.... narrower than your stock wheels. They give no available info regarding "bolt circle" - your Firebird needs 5 lugs on a 4.75" (120.65mm) circle. The statement "offset FWD" means nothing... you need the exact offset to know if they are the proper wheels for your car.

Basically, they appear to be wheels for a Honda or an SUV. You sort of need to make a decision right at the start... are you going after the "American car" high performance image, or are you more interested in the look generally applied to the "imports".

You need to get the right wheels, and here's a guideline.

You can fit 16" through 20" wheels on a 4th Gen F-Body, as long as you get the correct width and offset. The most popular width for the front is 9.5". The most popular width for the rear is 9.5" through 11.0". A guideline of offsets:

9.5" wide - 45-56mm
        10.0" wide - 45-58mm
        10.5" wide - 45-52mm
        11.0" wide - 45-50mm

Some things to keep in mind...

-a wider tire will help cornering and braking
        -a heavier wheel/tire will slow your car down
        -a thinner tire sidewall will hurt straight line traction
        -you need to select a tire that matches the outside diameter of you stock tire, or you will need speedo correction, and may run into clearance problems
        -the wheels must fit a 5 x 4.75" (120.65mm) bolt pattern
        -wheels larger than 17" will make your stock disc brakes look scrawny
        -wheels larger the 18" will not help handling at all, will produce a poor ride quality, will expose the rims to damage from potholes, and will require an expensive tire.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Yuck. Those would look terrible on *any* car.

Please dont disgrace your bird with those wheels. There are tons of great looking aftermarket wheels on Firebirds in this forum. Ask around a little and get some suggestions. I like the ones that Joe1320 has on his best. Now, *that* looks sweet.

Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

thanks

thanks for all the replys fellas
            im still kinda confused but ill figure it out, and you all are probably right about those rims they probably wouldnt look right i just want some nice chrome wheels that stick out you know? more than everyone elses

Comment

Originally posted by 2002shayne2002
              thanks for all the replys fellas
              im still kinda confused but ill figure it out, and you all are probably right about those rims they probably wouldnt look right i just want some nice chrome wheels that stick out you know? more than everyone elses
              I just don't like chrome And don't stick out too much or you'll come out like the first car I tried to buy new (stolen). You're 15 and have a nice looking car already. How many people can say that right now? And keep in mind that for a decent set of nice looking wheels, that won't be incredibly heavy, you'll be spending $1000 minimum, $1500 easily. If I had that kind of money when I was 15, I would have been the first person in my town to have a 66 MHz computer

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

PROJECT: Firebird '68 Firebird Convertible // 455 Engine // 389 Tri-Power Intake // 4 Speed Manual Trans

Comment

Those rims are about as pretty as noggins avatar, seriously. They're a FWD rim, and they're too narrow. They will not fit. Get a nice rim. Kids these days As long as it's chrome and big they'll throw it on their car. Not a classy rim at all.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

firebird rims

I don't know about chrome but I plan on puting wides on mine. also sorry dude but If its your first car than your most likely going to total it. thats what some people say. your always going to total your first car.

Comment

Originally posted by cyber wolf
                    I don't know about chrome but I plan on puting wides on mine. also sorry dude but If its your first car than your most likely going to total it. thats what some people say. your always going to total your first car.
                    I don't know anyone that totaled their first car. You have no way of knowing something like that will happen.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by cyber wolf
                      I don't know about chrome but I plan on putting wides on mine. also sorry dude but If its your first car than your most likely going to total it. that’s what some people say. your always going to total your first car.
                      I’m gona have to call BS on this one. I didn’t roll my first car or my first truck, but I did roll my dads 84 Ram charger end over end and three times sideways down a gravel road and got ejected from the vehicle which was good as if I had been in the vehicle when it landed the second time I would have had my head smashed on the road all this when I was 18 (had license for 2 years and a learners 2 years before that). It was a learning experience and I walked away from it with only a bruised kidney. So I guess that blows that theory out of the water!

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                      6.2L/382.97 ci
                      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                      WCT-5 speed
                      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                      Boss MS 18" Rims
                      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                      Custom Dual exhaust
                      1LE upgrade
                      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                        Kids these days
                        And you're one to talk squirt? lol j/p

2002shayne2002, there's some good places that specialize in F-body parts, including wheels. Here's a couple...

www.slponline.com
                        www.lmperformance.com
                        www.tbyrne.com

Plus, you could also call the manufacturers, tell them your car and what you're looking for and they can give you the sizes for the wheels that they make that will fit your car. I personally have been sold on the 3-piece street wheels from CCWheels. Check them out here. Good luck on your decision man and welcome to the board
                        Steve
                        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
                        X