Cooper 2XS Zeon tires.....Incredible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper 2XS Zeon tires.....Incredible

I got a set of four Cooper 2XS Zeon 275/40/17" tires from a local delaer for $125 each. This is an incredible tire and especially at the low price. They ride smooth and quiet and seem to hook up really well considering its 40 degrees outside. I have had 2 sets of Pirellis in the past and they were high priced crap compared to these tires. Cooper also offers a 45 day money back guarentee if you dont like them, what more can you want out of a tire like this.Very Highly reccomended
    1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
    Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
    Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Im glad to hear that! I just ordered a pair of those for the front, so Im looking forward to getting mine on. I had Kumho before, and although they performed well in the beggining, the rubber quickly began to crack, especially around the edges. Should have listened to Wofman!
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Wolfman helped me to decide on these, he stated without dropping names of the big tire guys that these were competitive tires. I started to get the Kumho's but took a chance here. You will really like them.
      Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

I will need some new tires soon so that is good to hear. But the question is.... How long will they last???
        1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Originally posted by ws6drbob
          I will need some new tires soon so that is good to hear. But the question is.... How long will they last???
          "last" and "performance" do not go together in "tires". in order for a tire to perform, to grab, not to slide or give..., its has to wear....simple as that. thats the trade off.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wrd1972
            I got a set of four Cooper 2XS Zeon 275/40/17" tires from a local delaer for $125 each. This is an incredible tire and especially at the low price. They ride smooth and quiet and seem to hook up really well considering its 40 degrees outside. I have had 2 sets of Pirellis in the past and they were high priced crap compared to these tires. Cooper also offers a 45 day money back guarentee if you dont like them, what more can you want out of a tire like this.Very Highly reccomended
            Wow, nice sig pic. Your car is the same color as mine and I was considering putting c6 rims on mine, if I don't go with C5's. Now that I have an idea on how they'll look that's probably what I'll go with. Looks killer man.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Another affordable and excellent tire are the BF Goodrich KWDS 245/50ZR16's. I put them on my 96 Z28 camaro and thought they performed very well and they weren't too expensive. I had them mounted, balanced and installed for around $500.00. I've gotten about 40,000 miles on them and they handled well in the rain. This is another good option in case anyone is interested. I would buy them again.

Comment

I have been using the Cooper Zeon 2XS for a while now and I love them.

I had the Cobra ZHP 01's before that, and they were also great.

Considering their performance and their price, I haven't found a better tire.

Randy
                99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
                93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

I just found this board....

I am really interested to read all of the people who are saying that the Zeons are really good tires. I am actually thinking of trying out a set.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnySocko
                    I am really interested to read all of the people who are saying that the Zeons are really good tires. I am actually thinking of trying out a set.
                    you are prohibited from purchasing a set untill you post count reaches 100 on this forum.............

haahahahahahahahahaha

welcome

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

And they are American made by an American company. I think.
                      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                        And they are American made by an American company. I think.
                        absolutely correct.... one of the very very few left.

Cooper is the sleeping giant...
                        they make awesome light truck tires too.

Comment

I have them on my 99 TA, and I love them. For the money, I don't think you could find a better tire.

I also had them on my 93 Formula.

Randy
                          99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
                          93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

! i think i have 100 posts ! ! ! that means i can look into this buy

*edit* nvm 9 more posts to go
                            1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

Tire update,
                              Man these tires are just unbelievable, I can rev up to 3500 RPM and dump the clutch and they barley spin and hook up and go. I will definitely get these again especially for $125 each. I now have about 3K on them and no signs of wear even after several spirited take-off's.
                              You guys needing sticky street rubba need to buy these things.

Comment

Working...
                              X