Air Fuse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Fuse?

I was reading through some posts and saw that somebody said a blown air fuse could cause the coolant fans to stay on and cuase a loping/rough idle. Is this true? My fans are on all the time and the idle is rough, i just had exhuast done. My idle jumps from 500 - 700 rpms. I had Jet hot lts, jet hot y pipe, cat, cutout, and hooker catback installed. I had new plugs, new wires, and new cap and rotor as well. The code it is throwing is p0300, random cylinder misfire. I have a set of 02 sensors that are going in once the snow clears. What could it be?
    K&N FIPK II, LT4 KM, JetHot LTs, Hooker Catback

Probably something with the plug wires. Maybe hooked one up wrong, or it's grounding itself and misfiring.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

A lot of SES codes will cause the computer to go into "fail safe" mode which turns on the fans to try and protect itself.

Did you reuse the metal heat shields on the spark plug boots? If you did, take them off. Pull the PCM fuse for I don't know 30 seconds. Crank it and see if it still runs bad.

The blown air pump fuse will not cause it to run bad. Your air pump is bad. I had my air pump replaced with almost 100,000 miles on it under warrantee.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
      X