Rough Idling out...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Idling out...

Whenever i first start my car and the temp is still below 160, when i release the clutch it idles out at what i believe to be normal operation. But when the temp hits 210 and i let the clutch out there is a shaking in the motor/tranny that can only be described as how it feels when you are stalling out. After the initial idling out every gear shifts smoothly with no problems. My clutch has about 5k miles on it but the flywheel is original. About 10k miles ago the water pump went out but i didn't replace the opti thinking it wasn't harmed. But now I can tell that there is a small amount of reduced performance unless I am just imagining it. Could this be a bad opti or the need for a new flywheel? Those are the only two things I can think of it being. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

im just throwing out ideas but have you checked the tps or iacv? i wouldnt see why the flyweel would have anything to do with it. throwin any ses codes?
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Yes it is throwing a code but was before this started. Haven't had a chance to get it in to have it checked.
      1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Working...
      X