Tire Rotation...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Rotation...

I plan on rotating my tires when I get the Tranny back out in a few weeks. Besides cleaning them inside and out, is there anything I can put on them (the rims) to protect them like clearcoat or something that will help with break dust and add a little shine? I have the stock 5 spoke polished aluminum rims.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

There are plenty of wheel cleaning products out there but I have had very good results just putting a good coat of wax on them letting it dry and buffing it off. It really helps keep wheel dust off and gives them a good shine.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

What wheels are you running? The care required depends whether they are painted, polished, polished + clearcoat, or chromed. In all cases, after you get them clean, the absolute best thing you can do to them to help them shed brake dust is to polish them with the same Zaino system that most of us are using on our paint.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X