Testing Components

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Components

How do i go about testing the sensors as well as the ECM? A previous owner unhooked alot of components and removed some as well. It also sat for two years. I need to know the procedure, if there is one, for testing individual components to see if they work. I'm not sure if the ECM functional or not. Another thing is the engine has been swap and now uses a TVS controlled EGR system, where as the original used a solenoid controlled EGR system. Can i integrate the two just by plugging the ERG to the TVS? Will that do it or, to compensate for the unplugged sensor, can i install the ECM from the car that held my current engine?

I have asked for help with the ERG question at least 6 times! Could someone please reply?
    1982 Trans am w/ t-tops
    V8 5.0L 305 H out of an '86 Caprice
    previous owners abused it!!!

If you did not supply any more info about what car and year in the other posts as in this one, I can see why you maybe got no response.

The only clue someone might get is that it is for a 1982 Maverick (which does not even exist).

Without any more info, I would suggest a factory shop manual to guide your testing.

Perhaps some more info will help.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B (shoebox)
      If you did not supply any more info about what car and year in the other posts as in this one, I can see why you maybe got no response.

The only clue someone might get is that it is for a 1982 Maverick (which does not even exist).

Without any more info, I would suggest a factory shop manual to guide your testing.

Perhaps some more info will help.
      my profile reads a 1982 trans am.
      1982 Trans am w/ t-tops
      V8 5.0L 305 H out of an '86 Caprice
      previous owners abused it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_82
        my profile reads a 1982 trans am.
        Helpful Hint - The way to get responses is to list the info about your car in a "signature".

People are not going to go poking around in your profile and your website to find out a piece of info like what year your car is. 99% of the people understand this and include the information. I read your original post and ignored it, because it didn't have the required info for a "knowledgable" response. The time I would have spent looking for the info was better spent answering a couple questions from people who took the time to construct a "signature". I honestly believe, based on past experience, people like Shoebox and me are well equipped to answer your question, if you can take the few seconds required to add a "signature".

If you'd like a response, add a signature including engine specifics. The computer systems can be highly dependant on the specific engine you have. If you'd rather argue about where we can find the partial info, keep going the way you are. Its up to you.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X