Looking for a good daily driver.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good daily driver.

It is just to much of a PITA to try to work on a car when you need to use it every day. Before I buy any more mods I have decided to look for a good daily driver. I'm basically opened to any choices right now and my budget is around 5K. I could go less but I'm looking for something decent, not a POS 80's style Civic. I was looking at an Extreme but as of right now I'm opened to any suggestions. I'm just going to put my Z28 as a weekend vehicle on my insurance and hope that drops my rates a little.
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

I was able to buy my 97 Grand Prix GTP with 98,000 miles for $5300. Newer models with fewer miles could be had for the same price if you didn't need the GTP option. There's lots of options on no frills daily drivers in that price range. Look around. Did you want something sporty? Economical? A truck? There are a lot of choices unless you narrow your search a little.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

A GTP would be nice, do you know how bad they run on insurance?
      1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Comment

For me it's reasonable. The car has modern safety features and I'm over 25, married and have a clean record. I can't remember an exact dollar figure for it though. If you want a GTP in the 5k range, you'll have to go with a 97-98 probably. Try www.clubgp.com for a lot of Grand Prix info.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Why not just go with a econo-box. You can get a 97-99 Civic for around 5k. YA I know its an import but for a daily driver, and reliability, you cant beat it. I got my 95 Civic for $2200, with 135000 miles. Its not bad considering all I had to do was brakes, axle boots and clutch (all costed around $275), and Im still able to pull off 30+ MPG and its less than 100 bucks a month for insurence. It should be around $50 but I have only had my licence 2 years.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
            Why not just go with a econo-box. You can get a 97-99 Civic for around 5k. YA I know its an import but for a daily driver, and reliability, you cant beat it. I got my 95 Civic for $2200, with 135000 miles. Its not bad considering all I had to do was brakes, axle boots and clutch (all costed around $275), and Im still able to pull off 30+ MPG and its less than 100 bucks a month for insurence. It should be around $50 but I have only had my licence 2 years.
            I second that...Civics...for the price and overall ratings, you can't be them. Corollas on my list too...older Proteges were good choices. Yeah, all imports...but eh, you asked.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
            X