Front Hub Bearings.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Hub Bearings.

OK, I was gonna take out the hub bearings and go to the autoparts store and try and match one up, but I was wondering if anyone knew the part number and manufacturer or a hub bearing for the 4thgen camaro/firebird that is A) less expensive and B) comes without the ABS sensor and ring. Since I'm deleting the ABS and need new hub bearings, i really don't want to spend $140 for new hub bearings. Any help would be great.
    1995 Pontiac Formula Firebird 383 Stroker 11.5:1 compression, ASM Thottle body, Custom Grind Comp Cam, MSD ignition, BMR strut, k-member, Upper and Lower control arms, rear control arms, and still a work in progress.

Sounds like you are looking at dealer list prices. There are online GM parts dealers, listed here often, that will sell most factory parts for close to 1/2 of list + shipping. And hopefully you are aware that the "bearing" is actually a complete new spindle module, including the housing, bearing, hub and 5 new studs, in addition to the ABS sensor. Shoebox has part numbers on his website, but I am not aware of a "no ABS" factory part.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

it's definately not dealer list pricing. I work for Goodyear and we deal with a bunch of different parts warehouses. The guy we deal with all the time was gonna give em to me for 175 a piece, GMPArts direct had em for 168 and the lowest I found was 140. I've taken it apart already so i know exactly how they come, but I know that if I can find one that matches up without the ABS bullcrap it would be considerably cheaper.
      1995 Pontiac Formula Firebird 383 Stroker 11.5:1 compression, ASM Thottle body, Custom Grind Comp Cam, MSD ignition, BMR strut, k-member, Upper and Lower control arms, rear control arms, and still a work in progress.

Comment

Well i replaced my front left because i was getting a abs light, which wont go out after the replacement and the reset of the abs unit. I got mine from Advanced Auto for about $90, oh, its a 95 TA
        95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

we unfortunately don't have an advanced autoparts here in NY. I should probably try AutoZone and Napa see if they can get me a better deal. We hardly every use these companies where I work, and I figured I'd get a better deal with the people we use on a daily basis. If I can get them for $90, I'd be happy with that.

Comment

Working...
          X