Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pump mod

Hi

If there is a thread of this I am sorry but I couldnt find it but I want to modify my new water pump so if it brakes it wont take out my opti. Does anyone have a link to tell me what to do? I have a 3/16 barb x 1/8 npt straight fitting I was going to use by drilling out the bottom hole, tapping it to 1/8 npt and running a 3/16" line away from the pump so if it brakes it will drain safely.

I was just wondering if the fitting is right, it seams kind of big (1/8 npt) but thats the smallest one I could find. Also if this mod is worth doing or safe doing to my pump.

Thanks alot
    94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

A helpful hint.... add a "signature" showing the year of your car, trans type and any major mods. It almost impossible to answer many tech questions without this basic info. I see you have an Opti, to it appears you have a 93-97, but some people won't spend the time to read that far when there is no info included about the car.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Sorry about that, I have a 94 formula firebird. Replaceing the Opti and wires soon, bought a new water pump also because my car has about 95k km on it atm and I dont want to replace the Opti again because of a failed water pump. I have a random miss and it's a nightmare to find and fix.
      94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Working...
      X