rear defoger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear defoger

after folowing the advice i got off the forum i got a new rear defoger switch for my car i fitted it the other day and i still get the same problem. switches on for aprox 5 min then goes off and i can not swiych it back on for about 5 to 10 min is ther any other things that may need chainging ?
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

The owners' manual states that when the Defogger is turned on for the first time it will operate for about 10 min.. If you turn it on again it will only operate for about 5 minutes.

The same goes for my 96 Z28. However I've found that if I turn it on right after running the full cycle it will only stay on for a few seconds. If I wait a longer interval of time before turning it back on again then it will stay on longer. If this sounds like what your experiencing, than it may be normal.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Most times, swapping the 30 amp breaker for a 30 amp fuse will do the trick.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B (shoebox)
        Most times, swapping the 30 amp breaker for a 30 amp fuse will do the trick.
        where is the breaker located ? thanks
        http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
        C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
        mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

In the dash fuse panel (left end of dash).
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X