X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: C6 Z06 -- 11.5 @ 128.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76949

We are all slow.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
    Not necessarily......
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

We are all slow.
      Sorry Jay, I gotta side with Fred on this one. I would get one of those as a driver if it weren't for me being such a tightwad. It's not so much the ET, but the speed through the quarter is stout for a stocker.

Comment

I hate them. I'll have mine in Sept.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
          I hate them. I'll have mine in Sept.
          I hate you, Norm.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            Sorry Jay, I gotta side with Fred on this one. I would get one of those as a driver if it weren't for me being such a tightwad. It's not so much the ET, but the speed through the quarter is stout for a stocker.

Of course I was being somewhat facetious with my comment, but nevertheless, let's remember this is a STOCK, 100% STREETABLE car, and that time was with STREET TIRES.

While Fred can run with this car, he's heavily modified and not entirely streetable...

We have to modify our brains out to run times like these.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

dont compare stock oranges to stock apples.... ... blend a few flavors in those organges and suddely that apple starts to rot.........

hee heee

for less money i might add............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I hate Norm as well! That trap speed is incredible for a production car! I think it will be worth every penny.

Comment

Of course I was being somewhat facetious with my comment, but nevertheless, let's remember this is a STOCK, 100% STREETABLE car, and that time was with STREET TIRES.

While Fred can run with this car, he's heavily modified and not entirely streetable...

We have to modify our brains out to run times like these.
                  While my car is "heavilly modified", its not unstreetable. It was designed as a street drivencar that would pass NJ rolling emissions, while still being capable of 9-sec 1/4-miles. That's why it only makes500HP without the nitrous... mild cam and able to pass emissions (plus a few "compromises" for the nitrous that reduce HP). My wife really enjoyed crusing in the car..... but NJ's Nazi-like emissions regulations caused me to change course and turn it into a track car. I just wasn't looking forward to getting caught by the gestapo-like "mobile emissions" team, that pulls cars over and does a strict visual inspection. While my car passed rolling emissions, if they popped the hodd they might find a couple parts that aren't CARB-EO approved. That's where a car like the Z06 really shines.... It's totally street legal !!!!!

I drove Baxter's car at about the 1,000HP level, and the only thing that wasn't "streetable" was the fact that sudden application of the throttle seemed to produced instant tire smoke..... but it sure was a blast to hit it at a roll and get forced back into the plush leather seat with the A/C on and the stereo blasting......

To run anything quicker than 11.5 at the track, the Z06 is going to need a roll bar, sticky tires, etc. It isn't going to be quite as streetable as when it was driven out of the showroom.

I m not putting the Z06 down in any way.... I would love to have one. But don't count the 4th Gen F-Bodys "out" yet.....
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I get no love on this forum.
                    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Not after selling the Cuda.
                      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

It's one of those Love/Hate things. Let me drive that puppy and it will sway the scales to more Love!

Comment

They are just jealous.
                          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Every time I buy a lottery ticket, I see imagine its a picture of a Z06...... .
                            Fred

Comment

If this is true, thats UNBELIEVABLE. I would have to question the same thing some of the guys are questioning on that thread. How does that car trap 128? That takes some serious power......like 500 rwhp. I thought it was making around 450 HP at the flywheel? My car is making 460 HP and 560 ft/lbs at the wheels (on a mustang dyno) and its only trapping 122 mph. Something doesnt add up. Im gonna have to mortgage the house or something if my car cant keep up with a stock vette!
                              96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                              11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
                              X