nfb: rental car....sheezooo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: rental car....sheezooo

i used to travel all the time, as some of you know.. and i got pretty educated on which rental car companies to go with and which to avoid.

Enterpirse was never a fav. but thats the one Allstate wanted us to use for Mary today when we dropped her Envoy off. The body shop sent us to the one they send their customers to, although our file was at another one a few miles away.. they called first to tell them we were comming and the people there said no prob... they would get our file transfered to them. so we get there.. and i notice no SUV's (allstate authorized mary an suv rental)... in fact.. we are there 5 min.. and the dude helping us says "would it be too much trouble for yall to go to our other location , where your file came from? we are out of cars"..........

i said "the body shop called you man......why didnt you tell them that then?" he said "i didnt take the phone call, sorry".... I said... (leaning over to whisper because others were in the room) "this sucks man"........

so off we went.... and guess what.. the other location had a neon and a corolla.......that was it....... the said... "if you will check back with later we will have some being turned in"... i said "we had a reservation .........what happend to that?".......... no response................ then I said "we live in stafford, thats 22 miles from here....... and I work tomorrow, and I have things to do..........got a suggestion?"... they said "STafford!! we have a new place there, want us to call them and see what they have"? i said......."why in the hell didnt you tell us that when we made the reservation and we gave you our address?"........... no response........

so.. the stafford enterprise had one suv.........a stripped down trailblazer........fine. reserve it now! i said... they did.

we drove back to stafford... sure enough, there was a 2004 trailblazer parked out front......... we went in, asked for "erma" whom we were told to ask for.... she took marys license and my credit card and started the paper work.. and then looked up and said "we have to put you in a mini van, the suv has been reserved......".........

mary said "what"???????? I almost lost it.......i said "what a damn min., your office in fredericksburg just called you 30 min ago, you said you had an suv, they reserved it for us and you verified that.... weve been bounced around to three enterprise rental locations since we started trying to rent a car this morning.......and now this"? "you asked me for my work number, right........ well, here's my work number...(i gave her one of my cards... i dont usualy resort to trechery..but this time..........i had had it...) then i said "i think the contracting officer for our rental agreements needs to re-evaluate the procedures offered by Enterprise Rental Cars, we dont want our govt. employees going thru this on limited time travel"...........

she got the trailblazer...........

and its filthy. only has 4k miles on it and looks like a bunch of drunk saliors took it on a hoopla week in the wilderness........

i had to clean in the inside of the windows when we got home, they were so fogged up with residue..... the outside was filthy.........

yup. think its time i got out the fine tipped pen and spellcheck and wrote a nice long letter to Enterprise Headquarters.............

Dont mind the stripped down trailblazer... she can live with that till her loaded Envoy gets fixed.. but this?...

I might go out and see if there are cockroaches in there now that its dark...........

monyaaaaaaaaaaaaana.

laters.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Ken - You did much better than I would have... I would have had someones head on a platter by the time I got to the 2nd location. I would also tell your Ins company. They really don't care, but it can't hurt.

Good luck getting Mary's GMC fixed.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
      Ken - You did much better than I would have... I would have had someones head on a platter by the time I got to the 2nd location. I would also tell your Ins company. They really don't care, but it can't hurt.

Good luck getting Mary's GMC fixed.
      oh plan on it........

then send the folks at the three locatons the list vid and tell em they are on it ........and i know where they live........

hahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

I'm sure you've seen the Hertz commercial when the one guy says:

You rented from Hertz right?

The other guy replies: Not exactly!

Alltough I must say our local Hertz lost my business twice since the dude wasn't able to run the computer and every second keystroke you could hear a beep, beep, beep......

I walked down the street a block to Avis and both times I sat in a car without reservation and drove off while the person in front of me at the Hertz counter still was trying to get his car!

Maybe you can try to e-mail them your "friendly" video reminder
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

www.planetfeedback.com

I used their site to complain about Allstate one evening. Before 10:00 the next morning my phone was ringing off the hook. Corporate headquarters, adjusters, regional managers, you name it. Within the next 48 hours I got no less than 5 phone calls from 5 separate people, and not a single one of them were an agent or a regular customer service rep, these were all middle management and higher. I highly recommend them, because they send an email to the CEO (or his/her direct assistant, at least that was the case with Allstate) and things get DONE.
          "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
            I said... (leaning over to whisper because others were in the room) "this sucks man"........

Is that how you really worded it
            Richard Harvey Jr.
            '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by TruckMuddr
              Is that how you really worded it
              yup. i dont play games.

Comment

That is aweful. It is that type of experience, that would frustrate me to no end, to the point that I would write letters to the president of the car rental company. Screw the middle men, Go directly to the top

I hope someone at the company will actually care about their service, to correct the situation. Oh and Kerm, it really helps if you collect names of the people you interacted with
                Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                  That is aweful. It is that type of experience, that would frustrate me to no end, to the point that I would write letters to the president of the car rental company. Screw the middle men, Go directly to the top

I hope someone at the company will actually care about their service, to correct the situation. Oh and Kerm, it really helps if you collect names of the people you interacted with
                  i got the names, the date and time, color hair, nail polish, you name it...

Comment

Working...
                  X