Exhaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust

i have a 96 trans am and i was wondering if anyone has a y pipe with no mufflers. i was thinking about doing this but i want to know what it sounds like. relpy asap or give suggestions. thanks.
    Tanner B.
    '96 Trans Am

Originally posted by tbortnem
    i have a 96 trans am and i was wondering if anyone has a y pipe with no mufflers. i was thinking about doing this but i want to know what it sounds like. relpy asap or give suggestions. thanks.
    The muffler is in the back. The cats are located in the Y pipe.

If you remove them and replace them with pipe It sounds fine, but honestly you will not see a real performance gain. If you hollow out the cats it sounds terrible in my opinion. I would recommend leaving them alone. They do help clean the air up a bit. We all need to do our part.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

You should get a Flowmaster (American Thunder) catback system. I have one on my 96 camaro and it sounds great.

Comment

I'd take off the cats and put a flowmaster muffler. My friend and I both have a y pipe with exaust dumps, no cats, and a flowmaster muffler. The cars sound good going through the muffler or, for the more intimidating sound, through the dumps.
        1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Working...
        X