Trans Am Standard Equipment????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Am Standard Equipment????

I thought all Trans Am LT1's had 3.23 gears with 155 speedo, and leather seats. I've seen a posting with a Trans Am with 2.73 gears at another f-body website, and another 1 with cloth seats on AutoTrader???? I'm confused now. I thought thats stuff was standard equipment on the Trans Am unlike Formula's where you had to get it as an option.
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Originally posted by EquatorHeat00
    I thought all Trans Am LT1's had 3.23 gears with 155 speedo, and leather seats. I've seen a posting with a Trans Am with 2.73 gears at another f-body website, and another 1 with cloth seats on AutoTrader???? I'm confused now. I thought thats stuff was standard equipment on the Trans Am unlike Formula's where you had to get it as an option.
    1994 was oddball year for the T/A. There was a base model that was very similar to the Formula, only the side skirts and the front and rear bumpers were changed. The spoiler was the "low rise" like the Formula, very little was standard. To get the 3.23 gears, high rise spoiler, leather and many power accessories, you had to order the Trans Am GT.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I think in '98 the leather became standard on TAs. My 98 has the 2.73 gears. And by the way they suck. The GM person that gave the go ahead needs some serious help. All that power and 2.73s are a waste IMHO. M6s have standard 3.42. I had a 97 formula with the M6 and still miss runnin thru the gears.

Comment

I have a '95 with stock 2.73 gears and cloth seats. I like the cloth, and will love my new gears early this summer
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by RagtopRay
          I think in '98 the leather became standard on TAs. My 98 has the 2.73 gears. And by the way they suck. The GM person that gave the go ahead needs some serious help. All that power and 2.73s are a waste IMHO. M6s have standard 3.42. I had a 97 formula with the M6 and still miss runnin thru the gears.
          All the original buyer had to do was click on options GU5 and QLC and get the 3.23 gears, 155mph speedo and Z-rated tires. Freedom of choice....
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

1994 GU5 owner here
            Michael Key
            Virginia's F-Body Enthusiast Community - NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

HR3rdGen.org

Comment

Working...
            X