Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB question need help

Hey guys ...
    Been a long while since I have been on here. Over the weekend I installed at Holley 58mm TB and a Granatellie MAF attached onto a 97 TA 6spd. I had already done the bypass deal so I hooked up the lines in honest without really thinking. Now I know the TB and MAF have there own issues. Intake not ported so why spend the money. I am in the early stages of rebuilding my motor so the next intake will be better able to use it.
    Anyway my question is, I am struggling to figure out what is going on or what I might have missed. On the passengers side there are two opening from the TB and a third coming out lower from whatever that thing is called that is screwed to the bottom of it. The top tube (the larger of the three) is tied into the valve cover. That seemed pretty simple since the rubber hose had the diameter to it to look like it belonged to the larger tube. Now the other two are the same and I noticed the middle one had vaccum. I put my finger on it and it sucked it up. On the passengers side of the intake and throttlebody there remained a thing metal tube with a rubber elbow. Does this one go to the smaller tube on the TB or should it go lower to whatever that thing is called that I attached to the bottom of the TB? I have one 90 deg rubber hose and two openings. Whats the deal?

Thanks for reading all this and replying
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

The large diameter top port is the air supply to the passenger side valve cover, for the PCV system.

The one in the middle is the vacuum connection for the EEC canister purge system. There should be a short plastic vacuum line from the purge solenoid, on the bracket in the middle of the passenger side of the intake manifold, to the nipple on the throttley body.

The lowest connection, actually on the bottom plate, is for the coolant line, which you say you have already bypassed, so you don't connect anything to it. Put a 3/8" vacuum cap on it. On my 94, that connection is a 90deg tube. On the later models, I believe it is straighter.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thank you for the reply. I know there are only so many possibilities but it never hurts to be sure..
      thanks..
      97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
      In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Working...
      X